Chapter 15

Clarke's POV

It was almost time for Christmas! We are also nearing to Octavia's birthday. We all have a surprise birthday planned out for her. It was on January 5th. Two days before our vacation ended.

The thought of going back to school made me groan. I shook the thoughts from my head as I waited for Lexa to get ready, we are going Christmas shopping.

She finally got out of the bathroom after another few minutes, and I jumped up, grabbed my wallet, then ran out the door. Yes, I was very excited.

"Clarke, wait up!" I heard Lexa yell. I bolted out of the front door and waited for her near her car. She got out of the door and unlocked the car doors. I swung mine open and hopped in, eagerly waiting for Lexa to do the same.

She locked the car and laughed at me. I knocked on the window and laughed back. She went to the other side of the car and unlocked it. She opened the door, climbed inside, and shut the door behind her. I saw my mom waving at us from the front door and I waved back as we drove away.

Lexa placed her hand on mine as I went to turn up the radio volume. She chuckled as I sang along to the lyrics of the song. It was my favorite song, what could I do? I gazed out the window and took in the beautiful sights and felt Lexa tighten her grip on my hand. I turned around and saw Lexa put on the blinkers. She pulled over.

What is she doing? "Is everything okay?" I ran my hand through her hair. "No, I mean yes... maybe?" she let go of my hand and stared straight outside. "I miss being close with you, we are always far away," she said with a low voice. oh.

"I completely understand, Clarke, and I'm sorry I feel this way, but I can't help it," she looked at me with sad eyes. I understood what she meant, I missed her too, but I'm not ready yet. I reached for her hand and held onto it again.

I lifted her chin up and looked into her eyes. "It's okay Lexa, I miss it too, but I just need a little bit more time, okay? It's too scary right now," she nodded. "I don't want to pressure you, it just hurts a lot, and it is because of him," I heard the anger in her voice. "I'm yours, don't worry," she smiled to my words.

She shook her head and started the engine again. "Okay," she murmured. She started to drive again but I thought about what we both said the whole way there to the mall.

The car came to a stop and she took out the keys. She looked over at me and I nodded and we got out of the car and walked hand in hand in the direction of the mall. She stroked my hand with her thumb as she opened the door for me.

"Thanks," I said, and I saw her smile and nod. The whole place was just so huge and breathtaking, and it was packed with crowds at every corner, probably getting Christmas gifts for their families, too. Then it hit me. Would Lexa be with me during Christmas morning or with her family? I will bring it up later tonight.

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

"Clarke, let's split up for a while, I want to get your gifts," I said, seeing her smile. She nodded and went off into the opposite direction. What am I going to get her?

After another hour, I had 3 presents for her, I think that is enough. I got her a colorful 3d book about the human body that shows the body outside and inside in particular places and explains what tools to use when an injury occurs. The other one was a boxed set of perfume, lotion, hand gel, and body soap. Lastly, I got her a huge teddy bear that she liked at another place, except here it was bigger, fluffier, and had a ribbon around it.

I ran back outside of the mall and headed to my car. I quickly grabbed the blanket I put in the car for this particular occasion. I laid the blanket over the gifts and walked back to the mall.

I texted Clarke to know where she is and said she was 'somewhere'. I laughed at the thought and explored the mall, to just make sure I had gotten everything for Clarke. I passed by the apple shop and noticed new rose gold headphones. Rose gold is Clarke's favorite color.

One more gift wouldn't hurt, right? I walked inside and bought them immediately, then waited for them to package it. As I walked out I saw Clarke turn the corner and yelped and ran back inside. I can't let her see me in here!

She was holding a bag containing two items, were those for me? I gave Clarke a call and watched her pull out her phone from her pocket. "Yes Lexa?" she said.

"Clarke, I finished your gifts, did you finish mine?" I questioned. I saw her nod and laughed at her stupidity. "oh! Yes," I chuckled. I snuck up behind her and whispered in her ear.

"Oh!" She swirled around. She gave me a small punch with a wide smile. She kissed me gently and pulled away, leaving me wanting for more. I gave her a small pout and followed her.

"I want to get my mom a present and then we can go if you want," I nodded. She stopped and looked at me. "Don't you want to get something for your parents? I'm getting the gifts for Octavia and Raven and Lincoln tomorrow, alone," she said. I already got mine for them. I got them all a macbook pro, and the girls an additional boxed set of perfume and body soap, along with a small bottle of hand gel. Lincoln's additional gift was an xbox, with 3 games. I didn't care if I went too extreme. They make me happy.

I nodded at her words, and spoke, "my mom and I aren't close, plus I don't want to spend Christmas with them," I looked down at my feet. She lifted my chin up with her cold fingers and I shuddered. "You want to spend it with me?" Her eyes lit up.

"If that's okay, I'd very much like to,' I said sheepishly. She embraced me in a hug and kissed my neck. Shocks shocks shocks. I grinned at her and we walked towards another shop for her mom's present.