Chapter 11

Clarke's POV

I was putting on a black slim dress, it was our anniversary night. I had put on some eyeshadow, along with some eyeliner and lipstick. I sprayed perfume all around myself.

I hope I wasn't going too extreme, but I wanted this night to be special. I am going to college next year and I was hoping to stay with Lexa by then, so I could ask her to come with me.

I smiled as I headed downstairs and saw Lexa waiting at the door for me. "Have fun you two," my mom poked her head out. She still didn't know, she thinks all us girls are going to the club, but little did she know...

"We will," we both said. I giggled a bit as Lexa held the door open for me. She gently closed the door behind me then held my hand. I gave her a soft kiss as we walked to the car.

She placed her hand on mine as she took us to the special place she had in mind. We had been on a couple of dates, but she said this one was like no other.

After driving for half an hour, we finally got there. She kept her hands on my eyes and told me to keep my eyes shut, even though I couldn't see anything with her hands on my eyes.

It suddenly felt warm and she sat me down on a hard surface. "Open," she said with a soft voice.

I opened my eyes to see a beautiful red-yellow fire. We were sitting down on a long hard log. I looked around to see long trees, a bag of marshmallows, sticks to roast them on, and some chocolate biscuits, along with some sandwiches.

She pulled out a small bag and handed it to me. I eyed it suspiciously and opened it slowly. "Come on already," she chuckled.

I smiled at her and opened the box. I let out a small gasp, I was lost for words. I threw myself on her and hugged her tightly. "It's beautiful!" I yelled.

It was a black leather bracelet with my name crested in gold hooked onto it. I loved it. My name was small and in italics. It was gold but had a hint of rose gold painted into it.

I had also got her something. I ran back to the car and handed it to her. It was a frame and the photo in it was our favorite picture together.

It was her hugging me and kissing my cheek while I smiled at the camera. I waited for her reaction and she gave me the biggest smile. She set it down gently and walked over to me.

"Clarke, I have a cabin further into the woods, we can stay there for the night if you'd like," she whispered, sitting next to me.

We sat on the log in silence until my stomach growled. She chuckled and headed over to the small box she had packed with turkey sandwiches.

She handed me one and sat silently across me. I placed my hand on her leg, and she tensed up. Okay, something was wrong.

"What's wrong, Lexa?" I asked. She took a long time to answer but then took a deep breath. She looked at me and I stared into her blue greenish eyes.

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

"Okay Clarke, there's something I've been meaning to tell you," I didn't look at her. It's time to talk about Costia. I opened my mouth to continue but no words came out, instead my eyes started to tear up.

A tear rolled down my cheek and Clarke came to comfort me but I placed a hand up in the air to stop her from getting any closer. I have to do this.

I cleared my throat. "Ok so, I wasn't totally telling the truth to you when I said I never had a committed relationship before," I looked up at her. "Her name was Costia," my throat filled with what felt like rocks and I held back a bit.

She placed her hand on my leg for comfort. I nodded and continued, "she broke my heart, Clarke, she... she left me because she was ashamed of me, of herself, because she was with me, you know what that does to a person?" I looked out at the trees.

"She said to never contact her again, I did everything for her, everything Clarke, yet she still had the decency to-to leave me, crying," I started crying.

Again, she came to hug me but I stopped her. "This was two years ago, and ever since, I hadn't been in a relationship because I didn't want my heart to be broken again, but with you Clarke, you can break it a thousand times and I will still love you," I saw her get taken aback by the word 'love' and I realized what I said.

"I'm sorry, it just came out," I said. She shook her head. "I love you too," she leaned over and kissed me. "It's okay you didn't tell me, Lexa, I understand. But I never want to leave you, because you make everything special, you make me happy, and that's why I love you," she said.

I smiled and took her hand. We went to the cabin and I led her up the room. "This is where we'll be sleeping, or I could sleep alone if you'd li-" she stopped me. "It's perfect," she smiled.

She took me inside and closed the door. "Lexa, I love you a lot, it may have been soon to say it, but it's true, I love you so much," she said. She stepped closer to me.

I pulled her in closer to me to close the gap. We stared into each other's eyes for a moment. I don't know if she was ready yet. She kissed me hard and all the thoughts went away.

I kissed her hard for a long time and started to take her shirt off. She pulled away and looked at me, but then rested her forehead on mine and I kissed her again.

Shocks filled my body as I led her over to the bed. I sat down and held her hands as she stood over me. She looked into my eyes then pushed me onto the bed and continued trailing kisses down my neck to my shirt. She took it off and unstrapped my bra and kissed my stomach.

I turned her over and unstrapped her bra and then rested my hands over her pants. I looked up at her to see if it was okay. She nodded in response to imply she was ready. I slowly pulled them off along with her underwear.

I rested my head between her legs and kissed her inner thighs to tease her. I looked up for the last time and she said "I'm ready, Lexa, I love you," was what I heard until I stopped teasing.