Chapter 8

Clarke's POV

Lexa hasn't come to school or answered any of my calls or texts for a few days, I'm getting worried. Today I'm going to head to her house.

It was time for lunch when I saw Bellamy walking over to me. He had already done enough. I got up and walked away.

"Clarke wait!" He yelled. I ignored him and kept walking. He got to me and hugged me from behind. Is he serious?

I turned around with a furious look. He backed up immediately. "What's wrong?" He asked. I pointed at his chest, "YOU!" I stormed off.

My cheeks were flushed, I was so angry at him, for taking Lexa away from me. I really liked her. It felt lonely without her making jokes or trying desperately... to hold my hand. Oh my god. Bellamy didn't take her away, I pushed her away.

School can wait. I headed out the door and ran to Lexa's house. I finally got there and stopped to catch my breath. I saw her car in the driveway. Good, she's home.

I walked up to the doormat, and the memory flashed back of her tearing up as she slammed the door on my face. I hurt her, so much.

I rang the doorbell, and saw Lexa open up with a smile, holding money. Her face fell. "You're not the pizza delivery man," she started to close the door but I put my hand to stop it from closing.

She looked at me with hurt in her eyes that I haven't seen before. I pulled her in and kissed her then let her into my arms.

She cried into my shoulders, holding onto me tightly. I hadn't realized how much I missed her touch. I stroked her beautiful long hair and we stayed there for a long while.

She pulled away, her eyes red from crying. She hesitantly let me in to explain. I was thankful for that.

She led me up to her room, and closed the door behind her. She didn't come sit next to me, instead she leaned on her door and waited for me to start.

"Okay, you know I am new to this-" I started. "You can't keep using that excuse, Clarke," she said calmly. I hesitated but then continued.

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

"So Bellamy had kissed me before, but I didn't feel anything, but when you kissed me that night, I felt everything, and I like you a lot, and yes I was shy about all of it, but if it means that I would lose you, I'll stop. I'll kiss you in front of the president if you want. I just can't lose you. Bellamy shouldn't have kissed me, and I should've stopped him. I'm really sorry but I'm going to stay away from him for a long time, then when I'm ready I'll tell him why I don't like him. Is that ok?" I listened to her every word cautiously. She really was sorry, and she was fiddling with her fingers..

I went and sat next to her and said it was okay. I missed her so much and I just wanted her back in my life. To be her real girlfriend. I would explain what happened with Costia this friday.

"Clarke, I really like you, and it's time I take you on a real date, will you go out with me?" I asked, hoping she would say yes. She nodded with a huge smile and I kissed her and laid her down on the bed.

It was time for dinner and I was surprised Clarke and I still had our clothes on. It was our first fight and I felt relieved it was over.

"Dinner, babe," she came in smiling. "So we are calling each other nicknames now?" She asked. I nodded and gave her a quick kiss before setting up the salad.

We sat across each other and talked all night until she had to go. "Bye... babe," she joked. I rolled my eyes but smiled. I gave her a long hug, I never want to lose her. She gave me a kiss and walked off.

"Wait!" I yelled. She turned around and looked confused. "Do you need a ride back home?" I looked outside, it was too dark for her to go alone.

She nodded with a smile and I ran back inside to get my car keys. We got into the car and she put her hand on mine while I drove her home.

"Lexa," I looked at her. "Are you still mad at me?" She got serious. I shook my head. I am though..

She gave me a small smile. "We need pictures together," I smiled at the thought of it. I nodded in response as I pulled up into her driveway. She opened the door but paused.

"I want to tell my mom, about us," she said. "Clarke, if you aren't ready, you don't have to," I said. She thought about it for a while and came to a conclusion.

"Okay, look. When school breaks off for vacation this winter, how about we tell her, together, then?" She looked so serious I wanted to break out with laughter but I held it in and nodded.

I gave her a small kiss and waved at her as she walked into her house.