Chapter 24

Lexa's POV

I opened my eyes slowly, taking in the room around me, it had blue walls and it was pretty dim and I didn't know where I was, but I knew who I was. I heard a voice next to me and I quickly looked over to them. It was a blonde girl, she also had blue eyes and looked fairly beautiful to me. "Hey baby, it's me, you're okay," she said and kissed my hand. I didn't even know her! I pulled my hand away and she looked disappointed.

I had a million questions for her. "H-hi, I have a question," I told her. She looked eager, "Anything, I missed you," who is this girl? "Okay, umm.. who the hell are you?" I asked.

Her face read a thousand expressions. She looked sad, hurt, shocked, disappointed... "I-i'm your girlfriend, Lexa," my girlfriend?! "N-no, I only ever had one girlfriend, Costia," I stuttered. What she was saying didn't make sense.

"You told me Costia broke your heart, two years ago, that she was ashamed of you," this pierced my heart. I sat up in my hospital bed and felt my head ache. "What happened to my head?" I touched it but flinched immediately. It was wrapped. "Uh- uh.. that was- uh was kinda my fault," I stared in shock at her. "And you say you're my girlfriend, why would you do that to me, then?" She looked down at her knees.

"No, because of something that happened in the past haunted me when you came onto me and I pushed you, not meaning for you to fall on the table," she reached for my hand and I pulled away. "It's me, baby, Clarke, I love you," she started tearing up. "I'm so sorry, Clarke, but I have no idea who you are," this led her to walk out of the room. Was she angry at me? For what? I didn't know her.

She came back in soon after, but not alone. Two males and a female with her. This caused me to grip my bed sheets really tight, I don't know why. Clarke came and sat next to me and this time I let her hold my hand and she looked happy. The doctor came to me and asked everyone to leave. She let my hand fall and walked out with the woman rubbing her back to comfort her.

"Lexa Woods, what do you remember?" The doctor asked as he sat next to me with a notepad in his hand, and a pen in his other hand. I thought hard to what I last did and a flashback came to mind.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Lexa!" My mom yelled from downstairs. I grabbed my backpack and ran down the stairs towards the kitchen, and the aroma hit my nose. It was some bacon on the side of scrambled eggs and some toast along with orange juice on the side. My parents and I always do this on the first day of school, but my mom went a bit more extreme since this is my last year of high school.

I ate really fast because I didn't want to be late on the first day. "So lexa, any plans this year?" I looked glumly at her. "I want to work harder so I can get accepted at a great college, maybe in Polis."

They both looked shocked at me but smiled at my response. "I'm glad you're taking it serious this year," my dad said.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Then it all became faint and I couldn't remember anymore. I became aggravated at this because it felt like I haven't lived the last— how long has it been?

"What day is it?" I asked curiously. "January 8," he told me calmly. "WHAT?!" I yelled. That caused my head to spin and I noticed a cup of water next to my bedside and gulped it down in one sip. I was grateful for whoever put that there. "What do you remember, dear?" He repeated.

"I-i... uhh. I was going to school, it was the first day back, I had just finished having breakfast with my parents but it's all blank from then on," I told him. I didn't remember a few months of my own life. It seems I had a girlfriend? Maybe even real friends too? I don't know. I looked up at him as he wrote down what I said.

"I'm going to ask a few questions to see if it's farther than that, okay?" He looked at me, and I merely just nodded. "Mom's name?" I looked at him dumbfounded. "Katherine. Dad's name: Jack. No siblings. Had a girlfriend that broke up with me two years ago. I am lesbian. I have brown hair, green eyes, I'm thin, and that's about it," I grinned at him. "Well... okay, you have just forgotten the past few months. Amnesia. You can recover from it, maybe go to old sights? And that girl is your girlfriend, maybe she can help you," he explained to me. I just kept nodding. He left the room after he finished writing stuff on the notepad and soon Clarke came back in.

I looked at the clock and it was 4:07pm. Two girls followed Clarke in and I became tense. I knew them, Octavia and Raven, but we were never truly friends. Or was I friends with them now? I don't know!

"Hey Lex," Octavia stroked my arm with her thumb. Raven came towards me and hugged me. Yep, we are friends, and I don't know anything about them. "When they let you out of hospital we'll all go places where we can try and jog your memory, sound good?" Clarke asked me. "Ye-yeah, I guess," knowing I wouldn't be able to get out of that.

A guy knocked on the door and Octavia rushed over to him and she kissed him, so I'm guessing that's Lincoln. I know they were dating last year, I'm happy they still are. "Hey Lexa, how's your head?" He smiled at me. "It hurts, but I guess it's okay," I chuckled. Clarke still looked at me with a worried expression.

The doctor came in again after we chatted for another half hour. "Lexa, you may leave the hospital tonight. You guys are welcome to stay here," he looked around to see who would want to stay or leave. Clarke said she would stay and took the seat next to me.

Raven said she had some homework to do, and Octavia groaned as she remembered she did, too. Lincoln had to drive them home so he had to leave aswell. Raven handed a list of things Clarke missed at school today. She missed school for me, I hope I remember our memories soon. The way Clarke smiled and laughed made my heart feel fuzzy, and when she looked at me, her ocean eyes, I got butterflies in my stomach.

I looked at her in amazement as she said goodbye to her friends- our friends. I looked away as she turned back to my direction, so she wouldn't notice me checking her out. She sighed as she took her seat again, and just looked at me.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" I felt my cheeks get hot when Clarke said that. "You flirting with me?" I looked at her. "You are my girlfriend, I have permission," she said. I laughed lightly at her response.

I threw my hands up, "never said I didn't like it," I smirked at her. She gave me her pearly white smile and my stomach felt all fluttery. "Tomorrow, I'll take you to where we first kissed, sound good?" She smiled at me, again. "Very," I tried to hide my cheeks.

"But," I looked at her, "don't tell me the places you want to take me, because I don't want to seem forced, if I get my memory back, it has to be smoothly, not forced, because if we try to force myself to remember I may not."

She nodded her head as I told her this. "Yeah. Okay," she told me.