Chapter 26

Clarke's POV

I was trying to eat slow, because I was honestly nervous to have a talk with Lexa. I saw her done with her food, and I looked at the counter which contained a bag which read 'Lexa's things' and I quickly got up, receiving a look from Lexa, and grabbed the bag. "These are the things that were at Octavia's," she looked confused as she took it from my hand, and her thumb grazed my hand, which sent shivers down my spine.

"Oh.. thanks," she looked inside and pulled out her phone, and set the bag down. She immediately opened her phone and scrolled through instagram as I finished my food. Not much to talk about when someone forgets you, huh?

I took our bowls and set them in the sink, rinsed them, then placed them in the dishwasher. "I'll give you some spare clothes," I told her as we walked up the stairs together. She nodded and I led her into my room. "Any of this familiar?" I asked her. She shook her head with a glum look on her face. I hated seeing her this upset.

"Lexa, back at the hospital, why did you kiss me back? Do you remember me a bit? Us?" I questioned, feeling the hope rise in me. "No, Clarke, it just felt really nice to be happy again," she looked at me with her emerald eyes. "Oh.."

"I really am trying, but it's so hard, and I just woke up a few hours ago, recovery takes a day or two, maybe even three, but just know, if it takes longer than that, don't keep up false hope," she stated. She wasn't afraid to tell me that. It didn't affect her as much as it affected me. She didn't remember us, my mom, my house, our friends, why should she care?

I laid down on my bed after I handed her spare clothes. "Thanks," she said as she went to the bathroom to change. She wouldn't have gone if she remembered. She really forgot me. I let a single tear fall before I turned off the lights and only had my lamp remaining. I waited for Lexa to come out of the bathroom, but she was taking longer than usual.

I groaned as I walked over to the bathroom and gave a small knock, "you okay?" I asked. I heard whimpers on the other end a sniffle as she muttered out, "just peachy."

I opened the door just a crack and peaked inside. She was sitting on the floor, crying. "Oh, sweetie, it's okay," I went over to her and laid her head down on my shoulder, handing her a tissue I grabbed off the counter. She wiped her eyes as she laid on me. "Clarke, I don't remember anything, but I'm already falling in love with you again," she kept her stare on the wall. I didn't breathe the whole time she told me that, and I only realized after my chest start to hurt. I let my breath out slightly, so she wouldn't notice I was holding it in.

"I love you, too, and I hope you remember me soon," we stayed like that a while until I heard my alarm clock. I jumped up and heard Lexa groan. Did we stay here the whole night? Urghhhh. My back and butt were in pain, and my butt was also numb. Great. "Good morning," I chuckled at her as she got up. "Mmmm," she muttered as she went over to the bed and laid on it. I looked at my clock, it read 5:03am. I wrote a note on a paper and stuck it to my door, it said no school today, remember our deal? Xoxo - Clarke. I groaned and fell stomach flat on my bed and dosed off to sleep, Lexa fast asleep next to me.

Before I fell asleep, I shut off my alarm clock, it already caused us to wake up, which, don't get me wrong, I was grateful for.

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

I woke up and opened my eyes groggily and sat up, stretching my arms out and yawning. I saw the bathroom door shut, and glanced at the clock. 10am. Super. I am missing another day at school. I heard the faint water running and I laid back on the bed, scrolling through instagram.

I checked my messages and looked at the top right, and it said '1 request' this caught my attention and I clicked on it. The message was 'meet me at Pop's on Friday at 4.' I was confused. Who were they? I looked at their profile, but they had no posts, no followers, 1 under following, and their username was literally 'not_your_girl'. I shook my head.

I hope I have my memory by then, I need to know if I made any enemies or whatnot, and I sure as hell am taking Clarke with me. Clarke finally got out of the shower and handed me another towel implying it was my turn. "Gee, thanks," I smiled at her and she laughed, her cute laugh.

I got into the shower and turned on the tap, letting the warm water wash over me. It felt so good to be out of the hospital and into a warm shower. I yelled from the bathroom, "what's for breakfast?!" and I heard her call back, "bacon and eggs!" I smiled at her words.

I finished my shower fast so I could go join Clarke for breakfast, I am starving. I quickly dried myself and wrapped my hair in a towel and then put on my clothes. I got out of the bathroom and let my hair fall, and brushed it on my way to the kitchen. I already smelt the bacon sizzling from the stairs. I reached the kitchen and saw the scrambled eggs and bacon cooking. My stomach growled and this caused Clarke to turn to me.

"Well, wait five minutes and it should be done," she said and then turned her attention back to the food. I sat at the table and waited for the food, setting the brush down next to me. I needed to find out who this person was on instagram, and why they texted me.

——————————————————————————

A/N

Hey guys! This book is coming to a close end and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. And I'm almost at 1000 views, thank you guys so much! ❤️❤️❤️