Chapter 21

Clarke's POV

The doctor opened the door and I jumped up immediately. "I'm sorry," he said. My face fell. "She's in a coma," my heart dropped to the ground. "WHAT? Will she be okay?!" I yelled. "There's no telling right now," he said calmly. HOW CAN HE BE CALM? THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IS IN A COMA BECAUSE OF ME! BECAUSE OF BELLAMY.

"Can I see her?" I asked, looking over his shoulder. "Yeah," he moved out of the way and I rushed inside and took a seat next to Lexa. He shut the door behind me and I heard fading footsteps. "Baby, I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm so sorry, and I miss you, please don't leave me."

I sobbed onto the sheets and held her hand and dosed off to sleep. I woke up to what felt like a flinch but it was my imagination. I looked at the clock, it read 7:03am. Wow.

School is tomorrow, but I can't go without being there with Lexa, I can't focus on school while Lexa is here, unconscious, because of me. It pains me to think of last night, and how it all went down. I wish I never pushed her away. I need to get over what happened with Bellamy, and for that I need closure. I will go visit him today and talk to him about it.

I placed Lexa's hand over her stomach and left the hospital, before visiting the bathroom to clean myself up. I rushed out into the cool breeze. It felt nice on my face and I breathed out a sigh of relief, pulling out my phone to contact the police.

C: "hello?"

Police: "this is 911, what is your emergency?"

C: "nothing right now, but I want to know about the visiting hours"

Police: "8:00am-9:00am, 11:00am-2:00pm, 6:00pm-7:00pm, and that's all for today"

C: "ok great, can I schedule an appoint at 8:00am?"

Police: "sure, name? And your name too, please"

C: "b-bellamy bl-blake, and my name is Clarke Griffin," my breath hitched in my throat.

Police: "ok, see you then"

C: "thank you, bye," and I heard the click on the other end of the phone.

I made my way to the side of the road and waved for a taxi, and soon one pulled over to where I was standing. I pulled on the door handle and sat inside. "Police station on 47th, please," I gazed out the window.

He nodded in reply and started driving. I glanced at my phone and it was 7:57 by the time I reached the doors of the police station. I hesitantly walked in and told them my name and who I was coming here to see. A cop led me along to a room where multiple people were sitting, talking to their family or friends, maybe even significant other.

Then my eye caught a wary Bellamy sitting on the other side of the glass, with his head in his hands. My heart rate picked up its pace and I forced my legs to walk over to him. As I sat down on the seat, police waiting at the door, I started fiddling with my fingers. My palms became sweaty and my leg kept jerking.

——————————————————————————

Bellamy's POV

I was sitting in my cell, bouncing a small ball on the wall and back that I had found under the counter at the cafetaria, and almost instantly hid it under my pillow as I heard a cop nearing my cell. My ears perked up to this and I sat up, trying to look neat.

I heard keys jingling too, and now I got confused, was I being set free? No, my jail time consisted of a year. "Bellamy blake, someone is here to see you," my heart started racing to the sight of the jail cell being opened. Someone was here to see me? Why? Who? Octavia completely hated me and my parents were ashamed of me, who would want to come see me? Maybe Lincoln, it had to be either him or O.

I reluctantly followed the cop to the visiting room, and I ran my hand through my hair, rubbed my eyes, then dropped my arms to my sides, realizing how messed up I was. The cop stopped and unlocked the door, letting me inside first, "incase you want to try anything," he nodded under my belt. I balled my fists and walked past him. I was treated like a rodent here, but I deserved it.

My heart picked up its pace as I waited for whoever was coming to see me. I took my seat and placed my head in my hands, feeling depressed, and regret everything I had done. I never meant to hurt Clarke, I just got caught in the moment. I hated myself for it.

I heard someone on the opposite side of me, and looked up, it was her. Clarke Griffin. Why did she come here?

"C-clarke?" I couldn't believe my eyes. She stared at me, looking nervous. She looked sleepy, and her eyes were red, what happened? Her blue eyes pierced through me like a bullet, giving me all the hate inside of her in one look. I hurt her so badly.

"30 minutes," I looked at the guard, and Clarke nodded at him. Too long to see her like this. "I just.. I have one question for you, why? Just why would you try to do that to me?" Her eyes teared up, but she quickly looked away to stop them from falling. She couldn't even look at me. "I-i," I didn't know why.

She looked back at me, waiting for my reply. I couldn't muster up any words and I could see her starting to get impatient. "I'm sorry," was all I could say. "That's all you can say? Bellamy, Lexa is in hospital because of me, because of what you did to me. You know what happens to me when she tries to touch me? YOU FUCKING POP INTO MY HEAD, HOW YOU HURT ME. HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO A PERSON? AND WHY ME? BECAUSE I DID NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU? WELL, BOOHOO, DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO TRY AND RA-" she broke down, right then and there. She collapsed, drowning in her own tears. This caused a few glances from other visitors but I didn't care about them. I reached for her hand through the little hole that lets us speak to each other.

She retracted immediately. "Do not ever touch me again, Bellamy fucking Blake," with that she stormed off.