Chapter 7

Clarke's POV

It's been two weeks since Lexa drove away from me, she and I talk a lot and laugh but she seems sad, and I'm sure it is because of what I said.

We haven't gone on a real date yet, probably because of school, but I'm scared it's something else.

I reached school and saw Lexa getting out of her car. I ran to her and hugged her for a minute then let go but she held onto me.

We stayed there another minute until I pulled away. "What's wrong?" I asked. She looked sad.

"We need to talk after school," she said calmly. Oh no. I nodded in reply and she took my hand but I tensed up. People would see this.

I saw the pain in her eyes when she let go, realizing I got tense. I'm a horrible girlfriend. She must think I'm ashamed of her...

We walked to the school in silence, I need to fix things. She makes me happy and all I do is make her feel sad.

It was Tuesday morning so we shared the same class. I walked in and waved at Octavia and Raven who shot me a worried look, noticing Lexa being grumpy.

I sat down and scooted my chair next to Lexa. She didn't look up from her paper. Why couldn't I just tell everyone. I wanted to scream it.

The first bell rang and she gave me a smile and left the room. Octavia and Raven instantly ran over to me. "OKAY, why is she mad?" Octavia asked. "I might have given her the impression I'm ashamed of her," I looked down at my feet.

"Whyy?? I thought you liked her!" Raven whispered sharply. "Keep your voice down!" I eyed her. They both glanced at each other and nodded "What?" I asked.

"You're scared people will judge you," Octavia started, "you make her think you are ashamed of her because you can't even walk in with her without feeling awkward, you can't tell your mom or your friends, MAN UP," she punched me. She was right..

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

I felt okay today. Today is the day I'm going to tell her about Costia. I can't keep hiding it from her. I really like Clarke and I don't want to lose her.

The final bell rang and I waited for Clarke. I saw her and Bellamy walking together and I quickly ran and hid within a crowd.

"Please Clarke, come with me," he smiled. Excuse me what? "I can't, I have a thing with.. someone," I'm a someone now, love that. He took her hand and led her to his car. Did she forget I had to tell her something?

I slowly followed them, but stopped in my tracks. I wasn't about to spy on her, I needed to respect her space. I was about to turn around when I saw Bellamy pull Clarke in and he kissed her.

She... she didn't pull away. They stayed that way for a while and I couldn't move my feet. She pulled away and had a face of terror.

I could feel my throat stuffing up, and I could feel the blood flow through my legs again. I ran as fast as I could to my car. SHE KISSED HIM BACK!

I got into my car and drove as far as I could from this place. I pulled over somewhere when I saw no one else. I collapsed in tears.

After half an hour, I started the engine again and drove home. I fell onto my bed, wetting the sheets with my own tears.

Did she like him? And not me? Why did she kiss me back on that night? I guess she really is ashamed of me. My phone suddenly rang. It was Clarke.

I picked it up and answered. This better be good.

Lexa: -

Clarke: hello?

Lexa: yea?

Clarke: how was your day, didn't see you at the end

Lexa: It was okay, you?

Clarke: good.. lexa I have to tell you something

Lexa: what?

Clarke: I want to throw Octavia a surprise birthday party, you in?

Are you kidding me????

Lexa: sure, anything else?

Clarke: nope! Ill come over later?

Lexa: ok

I hung up first before any goodbyes, she didn't tell me.

Not long after, the doorbell rang. I headed downstairs to find Clarke standing in the doorway. Here it goes...

"Hey," she said with a smile. HOW COULD SHE POSSIBLY BE SMILING. I just stared blankly at her.

"What?" She asked. "Anything interesting happen today?" I eyed her. She shook her head. I can't believe her.

"So, you didn't just kiss Bellamy back at school today?" Her eyes got wide.

"Lexa, I'm so sorry-" I stopped her. "Sorry you didn't tell me or sorry that I found out?" I slammed the door on her face and left her there.