Chapter 16

Clarke's POV

I woke up alone in my bed, as I have been for the past week, I know I shouldn't shut Lexa out, but she should understand where I'm coming from. I rubbed my eyes and looked over at the clock on my nightstand and groaned, it was only 5 minutes past 8. I slowly shuffled to the bathroom and turned on the water.

I stepped inside the tub and let the hot water run down my body and let it take away all my bad thoughts. I don't know how long I was in there as I reached for my towel, only to find none. I couldn't go out there naked, so I did the reasonable thing. "LEXA!" I yelled. She came crashing in and I instantly shut the curtains.

"Oh, sorry, I was worried," she blushed. I shook my head lightly. "I need a towel, babe," I whispered. She nodded and was gone as fast as she had come. I stepped out of the tub, about to crack the door open a bit when Lexa ran back in. She stopped instantly in her tracks and looked me up and down. She bit her bottom lip. I became a dark color of pink and snatched the towel out of her hand.

"I-i," she stuttered. I motioned for her to leave and she didn't move. Instead, she approached me slowly, and kissed me gently. "Lexa," i whispered as our lips parted. "I'm sorry, it hurts so much," she looked up at me with sad eyes. I nodded, and told her I'll be down soon. It was Christmas morning and I realized I had kept everyone waiting.

I rushed downstairs to find my parents and Lexa waiting. "Sorry," I mumbled. I took a seat next to Lexa as we all opened presents. I waited for her reaction as she opened my gift to her. A smile formed on her lips as she rushed over and hugged me. Then, she handed me three presents, what?! I only got her one. I got embarrassed and it was if she read my mind.

"It's okay, I just want you to feel special, babe," our eyes locked together, I got lost in her deep emerald eyes. We all kept opening gifts until it was time to part ways and for Lexa and I to go out to the restaurant she had reserved. I got into the car with her as she placed her hand on the steering wheel and placed her other hand on top of mine.

On our way there, she pulled over on the side of the road, no where near our destination. I gave her a puzzled look. "Clarke, would you rather we stay in and order a pizza?" She looked over at me. I didn't realize how much I loved that idea until those words escaped her mouth. I gave her a small nod and she turned the car around.

We got home soon, and my mom and Kane were nowhere to be seen, so I assumed they left. I switched to netflix and scanned for good movies, as she ordered the pizza and cancelled the reservation. The pizza came in around 5 minutes, we could have just walked over there and gotten it ourselves, but we were both too lazy.

She handed me a slice and I pulled the blanket over both of us. She gave me a short smile and pressed play on the screen and we ate in silence for a long while. Towards the end of the movie, she reached for my hand and I gladly took it. She kissed it gently and that was the perfect Christmas night.

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

It was 2:03am when the third movie we played had ended. I looked over at Clarke and saw her drooling a bit in her sleep. I smiled, how did I get so lucky? I slowly picked her up and she slightly moved and held onto my neck as she batted her eyes open. "What are you doing?" She asked, now confused.

"Taking you up to bed," I didn't look down at her. She gave me a gentle kiss on the neck and rested her head on my heart, which was now racing. That was the only neck kiss I have gotten for a while. I smiled as I laid her down on her bed, fighting the feeling to warp her up in my arms, to sleep next to her, to just kiss her.

I walked to the door and looked back at her, she was out like a light. I switched the light off, and slowly closed the door behind me. I scratched my head as I heard the front door open. I looked downstairs and saw Kane scan the room. When he realized no one was there he pulled Abby into a heated makeout. I did so not have to see that. I closed the door behind me and went to sleep.

I woke up to someone shaking me, I slowly opened my eyes to see Clarke crying. I instantly shot up and held her. "Baby, what's wrong?" I whisper shouted. "I had another nightmare," oh my god. Bellamy broke her. "It wasn't him, it was about you," this caused my eyes to open even wider. I let go of her and faced her.

"I had a dream that.. that you were sent to the hospi-" I cupped my hand on her cheek and pulled her in for a kiss. I slowly pulled away. "Baby, I'm right here, it's okay," I said soothingly to calm her down. She gave me a sad smile and nodded. She rose from the bed and walked towards the door.

"Wait," I said. Why did I say that? She looked back at me. "Can you stay with me?" I asked her. I needed her. She needed me. "Lexa..." I waved her off. "It's okay, go," I switched my lamp off and rolled around in bed, trying to not acknowledge her presence. She shut the door and I cried into my pillow. Did she still even love me?

I know it's hard for her, but it's not like he actually did it, it's been a week, and she never sees him, and he's being punished for what he did. Why isn't she trying to get over it? I loved her, and she said she loved me. I needed love, she keeps pushing me away. It breaks my heart.