Chapter 22

Clarke's POV

I walked out of the police station, not caring about anything in the world except Lexa. She needed me, and I have to be there for her. I hailed yet another cab and sped to the hospital. I know it wasn't possible for Lexa to be awake yet, but I needed to see for myself, and at least be there for her.

I rushed inside the hospital, "whoa whoa, who are you here to see?" A nurse stopped me. I tried to move past her but she calmly said, "ma'am, please." I looked at her eyes and became soft. "Lexa Woods," she nodded, "room 21," I already knew that but said thank you anyways. I ran towards her room and saw two people in there. My heart stopped. Please don't tell me I missed her waking.

I peaked through and noticed that her mom was there, and a male, which is probably Lexa's dad. I never saw him, so I took a minute to look at his features. He was fairly masculine, I couldn't notice his eye color though, but he had dark brown hair, and looked pretty tall even though he was sitting. He was holding hands with her mom, which I think is Katherine. Lexa never talked about her parents, like ever, so you can't blame me for not knowing much.

Lexa kept her parents a topic that should hardly be discussed, and I don't know why. But what I do know is that her dad is always on business trips, but I guess he flew back here when her mom told him Lexa was in the hospital. Anyways, we haven't been together too long for me to protest and push into her life that much, it wouldn't be fair to either of us. I noticed movement and yelped and ran to the restroom. I fixed up my hair and rinsed my eyes, since they were still a bit bloodshot.

I pushed the bathroom door open and noticed they were leaving, but I had to say hi. "K-katherine?" She turned around and I felt a sense of victory for getting her name right. "Oh, hello Clarke," she shook my hand politely. So formal. "Oh! Clarke, this is Jackson, Jackson this is Clarke," she looked at me then at him, then vice versa. "Nice to meet you," he then shook my hand. "You too," I said, eagerly wanting to go see Lexa.

We stood there, no one speaking. "Well, I presume you want to go see Lexa," she broke the silence, and I noticed she was nervous. I placed my hand on hers, "she will be okay, your daughter is a very strong girl," I smiled at her, and got one in return. We said our goodbyes and made our ways in opposite directions. Me to Lexa, them to their house, I guess.

I made my way to her room, and slightly opened the door, seeing her pale body laying there, and my heart shattered. I tried to believe every word I said out there to Mrs. Woods, fiddling with my fingers. I took a seat next to Lexa, and held her hand, praying for any kind of movement, but scolded myself for thinking it would be happen, it's too soon right? Right?

I looked up at the clock and it was only 10 in the morning. I decided to take a small nap before I went out to get a snack from the vending machine, I didn't want to go out to lunch, oh who am I kidding, I didn't want to leave this hospital. I have school tomorrow, but I am going to skip it. I laid my head down and dosed off.

I woke up to a yell outside and realized a new patient coming in. That's horrible, then I thought about my mom. I completely forgot to call my mom!

I fiddled with my phone and dialed my mom's number quickly. I let go of Lexa's hand and placed the phone to my ears. "Clarke! Where have you been? You have school tomorrow! Come home now!" I removed the phone from my ear as I heard faint yells from the other end of the phone. When it became silent I placed the phone back to my ear. "Hello to you too, mom, I'm fine, but she isn't" I said.

Mom: "she? Who's she?"

C: "lexa" I took a deep breath, glancing at her.

Mom: "oh my god! I'm on my way now. Arkadia hospital?"

C: "yes, please bring food" as I heard my stomach growl.

I looked back up to the clock as I shut my phone off, it was already 1:07 pm. Ughhh. I placed Lexa's hand in mine again and kissed it gently. I need her back.

I was about to fall asleep again when my mom rushed in, with my dad right next to her, Jake.

I smiled when I saw what was in her hand, a Mcdonald's bag. She handed it over to me, chuckling slightly, but it died out as she looked at Lexa. She walked over to her, my dad closing the door behind them. "Oh my god, how did it happen?" I pulled the fry back from my mouth, groaning. I have to tell her how I did this to my own girlfriend.

"Well.. umm, it was my fault," I looked up at her widened eyes. "What?!" She yelled, realizing her tone and softened her expression. "What happened?" She took a seat next to me. My dad looked around, examining all the machines, well he was a mechanic, sooo. "We were having fun at Octavia's," her face turned into a "eww, didn't need to know that" and I gave a weak smile. "anyways, a thought of Bellamy came into my mind and I pushed her off of me, getting scared, and well, she hit a table, specifically on the corner of it, and it broke under her, it was a hard fall," I continued. I teared up and gripped her hand even more.

"Ah, I see, honey it's okay, it was an accident, she will be okay, you know she will, she's Lexa after all," she smiled. My mom didn't know her too well, but whenever Lexa was over, they would bake together, and she had gotten closer to her this vacation, and I smiled at that thought. "Yeah, I guess you're right," I said as I took a bite from my burger, shoving fries in after that. What can I say? I was hungry.

——————————————————————————

Anonymous POV

I was sitting in bed when I realized the time, it was nearing 6 o'clock, I needed some food in my stomach. I quickly rang up the nearest pizza place and ordered the usual pepperoni pizza. I hung up the phone and prepared the money and walked downstairs and sat on the couch, watching the clock tick by. Hearing the bell ring took me out of my trance, and I hurriedly approached the door and handed him the money. He checked me out, but I slammed the door on his face. He wasn't my type, didn't have time for that.

I ate my pizza slice as I scrolled through instagram, stopping on Lexa's photo. She was with a new girl. She seemed to have blonde hair, blue eyes, and her body wasn't too bad. Lexa looked way too happy for my comfort and I quickly threw my phone across the room and it landed on the couch. I finished off my pizza in the next half hour, and went to have a small bath. "that's nice," I told myself as I soaked myself in the hot water in my bath tub.

I got my phone again and opened up the picture to read the caption. "Too good for me ❤️" I cringed as I read the words aloud. Lexa Woods did not belong to any other person except me. She is mine, and I intend on getting her back.

——————————————————————————

A/N

👀👀👀, decided to add some spice to the story, enjoy trying to find out who they are :)