Chapter 19

Clarke's POV

I woke up to a body next to me, and my eyes widened and I jumped out of bed and I heard the arm fall onto the bed. I turned around and saw Lexa blinking her tired eyes open. Why was she with me in bed?! I looked down at my legs but I still had my underwear and shorts on, so I was confused.

"Lexa, what are you doing here?" I whispered harshly. "S-sorry," she muttered, getting off my bed. I felt guilty now. "I never said I didn't like it," I said quickly. She smiled at me and sat down on my bed again. "I don't know, I missed you," she looked down at the sheets.

"I missed you too, sweetie," I laid back down in bed and she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me close. She kissed my forehead and we fell back asleep in each other's arms. It felt so right.

I woke up to a cold breeze as I saw Lexa leaving the bed silently, trying to not wake me up, but she failed. "Where are you going?" I startled her as she jumped a bit and turned around as I giggled. "To take a shower, tonight is Octavia's birthday," I forgot! I already got the gift but I forgot it was tonight and ran fast into the shower and turned the water on.

I was thinking of all the things that could go down tonight as the water ran down me. I got out of the shower and wrapped the towel around me as I walked out of the bathroom. I quickly put my clothes on and went out to find Lexa in my doorway. I smiled sheepishly as I walked past her and she kissed under my ear.

I blushed lightly and felt her following me to her room. She started to get out some makeup and let me share. I took it from her hand and applied some eyeshadow along with some lipstick and foundation. She did the same as me but instead put different colors.

After we finished the makeup we sprayed each other with makeup and started laughing, I love her so much. She grabbed her car keys and I followed her out the door. I yelled goodbye to my parents as we drove off to Octavia's house. As we waited for Lincoln and Raven to show up, Lexa intertwined her fingers with mine and my heart warmed to her touch.

"I love you," she whispered, kissing my cheek. I looked at her, and smiled, and we started to kiss when I heard Raven pulling up, which Lincoln in the passenger seat. "Hey bitches," she whispered, getting out of the car. Lincoln waved at us and we waved back.

Lincoln slowly unlocked the front door, since he had a spare key, and we crept inside. Octavia's mom prepared the cake and we all held our gifts and laid them down next to the door. Her mom noticed our presence and pointed towards the stairs and we nodded as a thank you.

We all headed up, excited to see how it would play out. We got to her car and we counted down... 3... 2... 1... we opened the door. "SURPRISE!!" We all yelled in unison. Octavia got startled but immediately burst into smiles as Lincoln leant down and kissed her forehead. "Happy birthday, babe," I heard him whisper. She smiled at him then turned her gaze to us.

"Thank you guys!" She jumped out of her bed and wrapped us into a three person hug. "You're very welcome," I smiled at her. We pulled her down the stairs and her eyes became wild when she saw the wine bottles. They were all set up in the living room along with the food. I was so excited to enjoy this night, after tomorrow school would start and I wanted to drink away all the thoughts.

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

I kept glancing at Clarke to make sure she didn't have too much to drink. She turned her gaze to me and we kept our eyes onto each other until Raven, who was past just being drunk, clinked her glass against her fork. "I... love you Octaaaavia, h-happy buuuurthdiyyyy" is what I presumed she was trying to say, she was just gurgling words out at this point. We all burst into laughter as she stared at us.

She gave a small pout and sat back into her seat. "Awww, do nat warry," Clarke giggled. Oh no. At this point only Lincoln and I were sane. Octavia was also giving, well attempting, to give Lincoln a lap dance. I had a drink or two, but that's it, someone needs to drive home tonight. I was laughing at their stupidness and started to eat the remaining pizza, I pulled off the slice from the box and tasted it. It tasted so good.

I looked over at Clarke one more time before I decided to have a drink myself. Lincoln and I clinked glasses together and took two more shots then lost count...

——————————————————————————

A/N

Hi guys! This story is coming to an end soon because I'm kind of losing motivation but I'm going to post a new story after I've finished this. It will be called 'My Stranger' be sure to check it out once this story is done. ❤️❤️❤️