Chapter 6

I walked back into the classroom after a short training session. Everyone was talking quite loudly. I heard some things about expulsion and detention, but I didn't really care. When Aizawa instructed me to follow him outside earlier I thought the same thing.

Everybody fell silent when I walked to my seat with a small smile. Aizawa gained everyone's attention when he started speaking again.

"(y/n)", Todoroki said and he tapped on my shoulder.

"Huh?"

"What happened?", Todoroki asked.

"Todoroki", Aizawa's bored voice sounded before I could respond. "I suggest you stay silent, or you can remove yourself from the classroom right now."

"I'll be silent, sensei", Todoroki formally answered.

"Good", our teacher muttered before speaking to the entire class again. "Something very important it coming up. This is of course the U.A. Sports Festival."

Immediately everyone started talking. I got really excited and had to refrain from squealing. The Sports Festival was something I'd witnessed every year. Usually my parents got VIP tickets so we could watch from up close.

"Should it really be held so shortly after the attack on USJ?", someone asked.

"It is too important to cancel", Aizawa simply answered. "Holding the event shows that U.A. can pull through in a time of crisis. The Festival is broadcast on live TV and one of the most viewed events in the world. It is a big opportunity for you to be scouted by hero agencies. If you're wise, you'll do your best at this festival."

"What about the League of Villains?", someone asked. "What if they attack again?"

"Security will be maximized, and professional heroes will be present", Aizawa said. "It'll be safe."

The students visibly relaxed at that.

"Don't neglect your training."

With that, Aizawa dismissed homeroom and zipped himself into his sleeping bag. I jumped up out of excitement and turned to Todoroki, who looked up at me with his usual neutral expression.

"Sho-chan, are you excited for the festival?", I enthusiastically asked. "Because I am!"

"(y/n)", Todoroki calmly said. "What happened with Aizawa?"

"Oh...", I nervously muttered. "That..."

I don't want to tell him about the whispers. I don't want to tell anyone about the whispers. They'll think I'm mad.

"I'd prefer not to talk about it", I mumbled. "But if you really want to know I'll tell you after school."

I was silent for a second.

"Same goes for you, Tokoyami. I know you're listening."

The bird boy flinched when I mentioned his name. I smugly looked at him and he averted his eyes.

"I'll be there", he muttered.

"Me too", Todoroki said.

"Great, but that's not really important right now", I dismissively said. "The Sports Festival! Are you excited, Sho-chan?"

"I suppose", he answered.

"I'm really curious to see how far I can come", I said as I started thinking about it. "You'll definitely make it very far, Sho-chan. Let's aim for the top together!"

"Sure", he answered. "I'll try my best, but that doesn't mean I'll go easy on you."

"And I don't expect you to", I grinned as I leaned down on his desk. "If we're pitted against each other, we'll be rivals anyway. I won't go easy on you either."