Chapter 28

Hiya!

Just wanted to say that school started again (much to my dismay), so I'll probably update less frequently. I think I'll upload a chapter every three to four days instead of every two days like I've done up until now.

Hope you understand. Enjoy reading!

"Black Lightning, huh?", Aizawa repeated.

"I like it!", Midnight said. "Sounds amazing!"

Aizawa said I should sit the rest of the training out, since I was still pretty tired. After Todoroki made sure I was okay he returned to his own training. A few minutes later I heard large explosions coming from Bakugo's platform.

"I killed you, Ectoplasm!", Bakugo yelled. "Bring on another one!"

"He's something else", All Might commented.

"Yup", Aizawa agreed. "And he's sure to get even stronger."

Good. We need these provisional licenses to become heroes. To do that, we need these ultimate moves.

I watched as my classmates struggled with their ultimate moves. Especially Midoriya.

I remembered the broccoli boy telling me that he couldn't injure his arms anymore, unless he wanted to risk them ending up paralyzed. I hoped he would figure something out.

I sat down by the wall and watched as All Might decided to go by all the students. He seemed to be giving everyone helpful advice. I snorted when I saw something in his back-pocket.

'Dummy's guide to teaching'

Nice, All Might. Real nice.

After school that day I met up with Todoroki like we'd agreed to.

"Hey, Sho-chan", I greeted him.

"Hey, (y/n)", he answered. "So, what did you want to do today?"

"I thought we could grab something to eat", I shrugged. "You like soba, right?"

"Yeah, but not the hot kind", Todoroki answered.

"That's fine. Do you know a nice place to eat?"

"Sure", Todoroki answered.

We walked to a restaurant of his choice, where we sat down at a table. A waitress took our order and I noticed Todoroki looking at me.

"What?", I asked.

"Are you okay?", Todoroki asked. "With what happened at the training and all."

"Yeah, I'm fine now", I answered. "Thanks for catching me by the way."

"No problem", Todoroki answered. "What did you do exactly?"

"I thought of an ultimate move!", I cheered. "Black Lightning."

"Yes, I know that", Todoroki said. "But what is it exactly?"

"Oh, right", I mumbled. "I let darkness materialize in the air instead of emitting it from my body. And then I released the energy towards the ground. It was a lot stronger than I thought it would be."

"Yeah, you broke the entire platform", Todoroki said.

"I know", I awkwardly said as I scratched the back of my head. "It got a bit out of hand, and it took a lot of energy too."

"Yeah, I'm glad you didn't get hurt."

"All thanks to you", I smiled. "I probably would have fallen if it weren't for you. Thank you, Sho-chan."