Chapter 33

Small A/N. For anime watchers, a little background info about Fat Gum.

 For anime watchers, a little background info about Fat Gum

This is Fat Gum patrolling with Red Riot and Suneater. (Fat Gum is on the right, in case you couldn't guess that already)

His quirk is fat absorption.

"Taishiro's obese body can adhere to anything and force objects to sink into him. His fat can also store kinetic energy, which he can convert into muscle at the cost of his fat." -the Wiki, because I was too lazy to explain it myself.

MAJOR MANGA SPOILERS THIS CHAPTER!!

"God, recently it's been nothing but fights between gangsters and thugs and the like!", Fat Gum complained. "Can't help if it makes me hungry!"

I couldn't help but smile as I walked with Kirishima, next to the pro hero.

I'm interning with Fat Gum! For real!! This is gonna be awesome, especially since I'm with Kiri and Tamaki.

"That's the deal here, so the hero agencies want them some peeps packin' brute force", Fat Gum continued. "You're plum perfect for the job, Red Riot an' Wraith!"

"Glad to be of service!", Kirishima and I said at the same time.

"Fourth Kind wasn't taking any applications, so thank you for taking me in", Kirishima smiled.

Fourth Kind was the hero he interned with for the workplace expression.

"Same goes for me with Guardian", I added. "Thanks for having me!"

"If Mirio could've been here...", Tamaki mumbled. "I shudder to think how hard you would have glomped on him."

"What's that supposed to mean?", I snapped.

Fat Gum laughed at the small interaction.

"Now if Tamaki could just do something about that weak will o' his, he'd be a real talent!"

"That's just putting more pressure on me! Leading me even lower than before!", Tamaki objected.

I chuckled as I watched him put his hands on the sides of his head.

"This is what it's always like", Tamaki continued to complain. "This man scouted me just to harass me. This is power harassment, I tell you! I wanna go home."

"Now now, Tamaki", I chuckled. "Don't be so negative."

"I'm sure he's just encouraging you!", Kirishima added. "That's how I heard it, anyway."

I turned my head as a man tried to beckon Fat Gum over to come eat at his stall.

"I'll never be as positive and forward-facing as you or Mirio", Tamaki softly said.

"I'm not all that much either", Kirishima replied. "When everyone was in danger, there was so much I couldn't do. Compared to the rest of my class, I'm not as strong or experienced... That's why I want to fill in the gap so I'm at least able to stand alongside them!"