Chapter 44

I'm going on vacation today! I'll be kind of MIA for about two week, sorry about that.

By the way, I wrote this whole thing from scratch except for the heroes' statements since I have no idea if it's an actual thing to attend the Billboard presentation like I described this chapter.

The reveal of the JP Hero Billboard Chart was always a large thing, but only on tv. Up until now it was never an event. Apparently, this year was the first time it was public. Well, for people with invitations or tickets.

Todoroki would have access anyway, for the simple fact that he was Endeavor's son. I was allowed inside because of my father, who was invited since he helped some of the current top 10 heroes start their agencies.

Since my father didn't really want to be seen with me he got a private driver and said that our butler Smitty would drive me and Todoroki. My father already left.

I had to go back to my old house to get ready, where my mother gave me a dress to wear. It was a long black dress with a halter neckline. It had a slit on the right side which reached all the way to my thigh. I wore high heels and my mother put my hair in a do-up.

Unfortunately, I was used to being dressed like this. Whenever my father had an event where being a 'family man' would make him look good, he brought me along.

"Mother, don't you think I'm overdressed?", I hesitantly said as I looked at myself in the mirror.

If I were pretty, I could be a model in this outfit.

"You look beautiful, dear", my mother reassured me. "Remember, for the most part, the stands will be filled with ordinary people who got a ticket to the event. You will be in the VIP section, as one of the heroes' acquaintance. Everyone there is dressed to kill."

"Are you sure?", I asked.

"Absolutely", my mother answered. "I hope your plus one knows this as well, otherwise he'll look like an idiot compared to you."

"I'm sure he knows, mother", I mumbled.

I doubt Endeavor would allow him inside the building unless he looked presentable.

Just then the doorbell sounded.

"That must be him!", my mother squealed.

She was acting like I was going to prom or something. Ever since I told her I would be going with a classmate, specifically a male classmate, she'd been excited.

I watched as my mother ran to the intercom to open the gate. Then she started leading me towards the front door, where Smitty was waiting.

"He's already by the car", Smitty said.

"Excellent", my mother answered.

Smitty opened the door for me and I walked outside. I lifted my dress a bit to walk down the few steps by the door. Then I looked up and my breath hitched.

 Then I looked up and my breath hitched