Chapter 34

Surprise update because it's my birthday! 🎉

I hope you'll enjoy.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The next morning, Todoroki woke up early as usual. He left his room and went downstairs into the common room. At first he noticed nothing out of the ordinary and just went to get breakfast in the kitchen. When he was done he walked past the common room towards the boys' bathrooms. Then he saw something on the couch, or someone.

(Y/n)..., Todoroki thought as he saw her sleeping figure on the couch. She didn't even change out of her costume... And after she seemed so upset yesterday too.

Todoroki blew out a long breath and walked up to (y/n). He gently scooped her up in his arms, careful not to wake her. He walked towards the elevator, which opened to reveal Kirishima. The redhead looked surprised.

"Todoroki...", he mumbled. "What's with (y/n)?"

"She fell asleep on the couch", Todoroki answered. "I'm taking her to her room. I'll tell Aizawa she isn't feeling well."

"Oh, okay...", Kirishima mumbled as he went to walk past Todoroki.

"Kirishima", the composed boy then said. "What happened to her yesterday?"

Kirishima hesitated.

"I... I can't say. You know that."

"I know", Todoroki answered.

He let out a small sigh and his eyes softened a bit.

"I'm just really worried about her", he added.

Kirishima was visibly uncomfortable as he internally debated on what he could and could not tell Todoroki. The interns weren't allowed to discuss what happened during the internships, because nearly everything was connected to classified police investigations. Eventually Kirishima decided to tell Todoroki the problem with zero context.

"Her quirk's not working", the redhead softly said.

Todoroki sharply inhaled and tensed up.

"Her quirk..."

"That's all I can say, sorry", Kirishima said and he brushed past him.

Todoroki woke from his trance when (y/n) whimpered in her sleep and nuzzled her face against his chest. A slight blush swept his cheeks and he held her a little closer.

"You'll be fine", he whispered as he walked into the elevator, more to convince himself than to (y/n).

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I groaned when I woke up. Just by feeling around me I could tell that I was in a bed and not on the couch anymore. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was in my room.

I looked down at myself and blinked.

Did I seriously forget to change out of my costume last night? What a drag.

I sat up straight and looked at the clock.

School started thirty minutes ago. I guess whoever brought me back here decided to let me sleep.

A quick glance at the news on my phone told me that yesterday's events were now widely known. Kirishima's hero name came up plenty of times, saying how he bravely fought off a dangerous thug and helped arrest him.