Chapter 37

While we were waiting to be called for the rescue mission, school continued. We from the intern group were extra sharp, because we wanted to be ready and fit when the time arrived.

A few days after the meeting I was having lunch with Todoroki, Midoriya and Iida.

I picked at my food, internally debating on how I could be most helpful during the rescue mission.

"Not gonna eat?", Todoroki asked.

"Huh?!", Midoriya and I said at the same time.

I looked up at the green haired boy and saw that he'd also been picking at his food.

"Are you okay?", Iida asked.

"You two've been kind of down ever since you started your internships", Todoroki said.

"Really?", I mumbled. "I didn't really notice."

"W-We'll be fine", Midoriya added.

"'If you need someone to talk to, you can talk to us. We're friends, after all.' Those are the words you told me when I was being a fool all those months ago!", Iida said to Midoriya. "Remember? Before the workplace experience."

Midoriya whimpered and leaned his head on his fist at the table.

"What the-?! Are you alright?", Iida asked.

"I'm sorry", Midoriya mumbled. "I'm okay. It's nothing..."

I looked at him with a sad smile and grabbed his hand. I knew what he was going through. He was under a lot of pressure because of the internship, even more than me. But he couldn't talk to his friend about it. Sure, Midoriya and I were friends, but not in the way him and Iida were. Every time I was near Todoroki or Bakugo I also felt the need to vent to them, but I managed to contain myself.

I rubbed my thumb over the back of Midoriya's hand and he looked up with tears brimming in his eyes.

"Heroes don't cry", he said in a stifled voice.

"That's not true, Izuku", I softly said.

"She's right", Todoroki agreed. "Heroes have times when they cry too."

I retreated my hand and Midoriya wiped the tears out of his eyes.

"I'm gonna give you half a thing of soba", Todorki said.

I chuckled and we all offered Midoriya some of our food. His mood got better and he smiled during the rest of lunch.

Two days later, everyone from the internship group gathered in the common room late at night. The five of us got a signal to move out.

"You got it too?", Uraraka asked.

I nodded.

"We'd better go."

We went to Sir Nighteye's office together and met up with the Big Three. As soon as we entered the same hall as last time, we were greeted with tons of heroes. I recognized them all from the previous meeting, but I didn't know most of their names.

Sir Nighteye announced that Eri was in fact at Chisaki's house, and not at any of the other locations on the list.

"She's at home?!", multiple people shouted. "Are you saying all of our investigations were a waste of time?!"

"No", Nighteye replied. "We gained valuable intel from them."

"Did you confirm it?", I asked. "Eri's location?"

Sir Nighteye nodded and started explaining how. Apparently someone bought a bunch of toys in a department store. Nighteye was also present at the time and, long story short, he used his foresight. He saw the man going into Chisaki's house and giving the toys to Eri.