Chapter 54

When I woke up I could vaguely hear voices. Lots of them. The first voice I clearly recognized was Recovery Girl's.

"Don't be so loud, boys", the heroine warned. "You don't want to wake her, do you?"

"Right, sorry", Kirishima mumbled.

I began by carefully wiggling my toes to see how that felt. I noticed that I didn't have any trouble with that and wiggled my fingers. Then I realized something other than the sheets was touching my right hand.

"She just moved", Bakugo's voice sounded from my right.

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was that my boyfriend was holding my hand. Todoroki was sitting on a chair on my left, but he was asleep. He was leaning forward and rested his head on the bed.

Multiple pairs of eyes fixed on me.

"Uh, hey", I mumbled.

I cleared my throat before continuing.

"What are you all doing here?"

Other than Bakugo and Todoroki I saw Kirishima, Tamaki, Aizawa, Recovery Girl and Ruma. They were all looking at me, except Todoroki, with concerned expressions.

"How are you feeling, dear?", Recovery Girl asked.

"A little tired", I answered truthfully. "But other than that I feel fine. No more headache, and it doesn't hurt when I move like before."

"That's good to hear", Recovery Girl said with a kind smile. "Still, take it easy for the next few days, all right?"

"I will, thank you", I answered.

"I got so worried when Shota texted me, (y/n)-chan!", Ruma said as she skipped up to my bed. "What happened to you?"

"Well, I was at the jewelry store", I began. "There was someone there to rob the place so I tried to stop him. It took me a while to figure out how to get past his vibrations and I got hit quite a bit. But I feel fine now. Did you come all this way to see me, Ruma-san?"

"Of course I did!", the heroine answered. "I had to make sure you would be okay."

"Thanks for coming", I mumbled. "All of you."

I addressed everyone in the room when I said the last part.

"What day is it?", I hesitantly asked.

"Monday", Tamaki answered.

"Okay, that's good then", I said in a relieved tone. "I wasn't out for that long."

"Are you all right, (y/n)-chan?", Kirishima asked. "I got really worried when Todoroki said you were in the hospital."

"I'm fine now, Eiji", I assured him with a smile. "I felt terrible the past few days, but thanks to Recovery Girl I'm okay."

I turned to Bakugo, who was still holding my hand.

"I'm glad you're here, Katsuki", I sincerely said.

He blushed and averted his eyes.

"Whatever", he muttered.

I chuckled and used my left hand to pat him on his head. He grabbed my wrist and glared at me, making me chuckle more.

"I spoke with the doctor a few minutes ago, and she said you're allowed to leave whenever you feel ready", Recovery Girl said. "They already removed the bandages and IV, so you just have to check out at the front desk. Your parents paid for your treatment."

"Oh, that must be why the school wasn't contacted", I murmured.

"It was", Aizawa answered. "Are your parents always like that?"