Chapter 36

I'll be doing my best to explain everything as well as I can for those who haven't read the manga and don't know what's going on. This chapter is all about the meeting but gives a lot of information, so please read it carefully.

Sorry if it gets a little boring, but if you don't know the plot you won't really understand the rest without reading this meeting.

"Thanks to all the information you've gathered, the investigation has progressed considerably. I would like to conduct this conference with you all today, to share any acquired information regarding a small yakuza organisation known as The Eightfold Cleansers."

Excuse me? Eightfold cleansers? Yakuza?! What the FUCK?

I'm so confused right now.

I knew yakuza were like gangsters or criminal organizations. In a family laced with hero activity, I'd heard about plenty of them. Yet I was still completely confused about everything else.

"I will explain this step by step", Sir Nighteye announced.

All these heroes here... They vary from the top of the chart to local heroes...

I am so confused!

I turned back to Fat Gum, Tamaki and Kirishima. Thankfully, the redhead voiced my thoughts.

"I'm a little outta the loop here...", he said. "Eightfold Cleansers? What's that?"

"They've probably been thinkin' up somethin' terrible, so it's time for everybody to talk it out", Fat Gum answered. "You've also got quite the connection to 'em."

My hand unconsciously moved up to my shoulder, which was still wrapped in bandages from when I was shot.

So that was the Eightfold Cleansers...? Still! I am confusion! What the hell is going on here?!

Okay, (y/n). Keep your cool. You have to act like a hero here. Just listen to what Sir Nighteye has to say. I'm sure he'll explain everything.

"Well then. Let's begin", the hero said.

Everyone sat down at a large table. Sir Nighteye was sitting at the head with two of his sidekicks, Bubble Girl and Centipeder, behind him. I saw Mirio and Midoriya sitting on the left side of the table closest to Sir Nighteye, which was across from me since I was sitting on his right side with Fat Gum, Tamaki and Kirishima.

"Since about two weeks prior, we of Sir Nighteye offices have been idependantly observing a villain group known as the Eightfold Cleansers", Sir Nighteye's sidekick Bubble Girl said.

"What was the hook?", a hero I didn't recognize asked.

"There was an accident involving a thief gang known as the Reservoir Dogs", Bubble Girl answered.

The Reservoir Dogs? I think I remember that. They were these villains that robbed a convenience store. It was on the news a while ago.

"The police cleaned everything up as just an accident, but there were many points that made no sense and we began to track them", Bubble Girl said.

Sir Nighteye's other sidekick cleared his throat and took over.

"I am a sidekick, Centipeder", he introduced himself. "I have been conducting the tracking and observing as per the instructions put forth by Nighteye. Within this one-year period that I have been investigating, there has been a rapid increase in contact, both between members of the underground organization, as well as people outside of the group. They appear to be an organization moving with the intent to expand and accumulate funds. Also, shortly after the commencement of investigation, they made contact with one Jin Bubaigawara. Villain name 'Twice'."