Chapter 58

Hi.

I'm just here to apologize in advance for the fact that I have no inspiration when it comes to buying people gifts. Ever.
This is why I give people money for their birthday.

Happy reading!

I went to a cafe with Tamaki and Mirio, and after we ate our lunch it was time for presents. I was curious to see what they got me.

"Okay, so as I said before we teamed up to think of what to get you, but don't expect too much", Mirio warned beforehand.

I smiled and nodded, my curiosity increasing. Tamaki silently handed me a small bag and I gratefully took it. I looked inside and saw two presents. I took out the first one and carefully removed the wrapping paper.

It were three volumes of a manga series I didn't know, but it seemed interesting.

"We thought you might like this series, but since we didn't know if you already had it we kept the receipt", Mirio said.

"That's all right, I've never heard of this series before", I mumbled as I inspected it. "It looks awesome."

"That's nice to hear", Mirio cheerfully said.

I smiled and took out the other present. As I began unwrapping it Tamaki spoke up.

"Since you like videogames we thought you might like this", he mumbled.

My eyes widened when I saw what it was. They got me a new version of a retro gameboy.

"Holy shit", I whispered as I inspected the box from all sides. "This is so cool."

I looked up and smiled at Tamaki and Mirio.

"Thank you so much!", I said. "But you got these awesome presents and now mine look terrible!"

"I'm sure they won't", Mirio tried to assure me.

"I suck at thinking of presents to get people", I sighed. "My mind just goes blank."

"We figured when you had to come to us to think of something to get your best friend", Tamaki commented.

I shot him a look and grabbed the bag with presents for them. I handed both boys two presents, which they took.

As they started unwrapping I decided to elaborate on my choice of presents, or rather make up excuses about why they were so shitty.

"Okay, Tamaki, since you're so introverted and like to stay indoors I got you a very soft and comfortable blanket", I began. "Mirio, since you're always so cheerful and happy I got you Happy Socks, because... Well, who doesn't like Happy Socks?"

Mirio chuckled and looked at the socks as Tamaki let his fingers brush over the soft blanket I got him.

"Okay, Mirio, your second present was more because I didn't really know what else to get and I had to get something", I awkwardly admitted. "But they're supposed to be very good quality."

Mirio curiously inspected the earbuds I got him before smiling up at me.

"Thank you, (y/n)", he said. "I was looking to buy new earbuds, actually."

"You were?", I asked in a surprised tone.

"No", he cheerfully said. "But it made you feel better, didn't it?"

I shot him a look.

"I'm joking, I'm joking", he chuckled. "My earbuds were almost dead and these are way better quality, so I really appreciate it. Thank you."