Chapter 15

"A-Aizawa?", I stammered.

"Yes!", Guardian smiled. "I saw you during the Sports Festival. I take it Shota told you to come to me."

Shota? I think she means Aizawa-sensei. Shota Aizawa. Of course.

"He did", I answered. "He's my homeroom teacher."

"Ah, how adorable!", Guardian giggly exclaimed. "I never saw Shota as someone who would teach kids."

"If you don't mind me asking...?"

"Ruma", the woman said with a smile.

"Right... Ruma", I mumbled. "If you don't mind me asking, what's your relation to Shota Aizawa?"

"He's my cousin!", Ruma said. "But I haven't seen him in forever."

Sensei's... cousin?

"Right... He said he used to know you a really long time ago."

"Nawh, a really long time ago?", Ruma pouted. "That makes me feel so old. It's only been around 10 years! You know what, let's just forget about that. I take it you're here to learn something from me!"

"I am", I answered. "Aizawa-sensei said you have the same quirk I do. I've been struggling to keep the whispers under control, so he said I should watch to see if you would offer an internship."

"Aizawa-sensei!", Ruma repeated as if she was imagining it. "I still can't believe Shota became a teacher! And after we went to UA ourslves!"

She doesn't seem very... focused.

Suddenly Ruma became dead serious and looked me in the eye.

"Did you just say you're struggling with the whispers?", she asked.

I nodded.

"What's the worst thing that's happened so far?"

"They...", I hesitantly started. "They told me to kill someone. During my match against Shoto Todoroki."

"Ah, but then you're already in the final stage", Ruma purred. "Did you get your quirk from your parents?"

"Yes, my father has the same quirk", I answered. "But he never mentioned anything about whispers."

"Well then that means he has the weak version", Ruma said and she gestured for me to follow her.

"Sensei guessed that the whispers were bothering me when I snapped at him in class", I mumbled as we walked through the halls. "I don't really know how to stop them. Sensei said you told him the only way to silence them is using your quirk, so that's what I did. But then during the Sports Festival, using my quirk only made it worse."

Ruma halted in front of large double doors and looked at me over her shoulder.

"Our quirk is called death manipulation and manifestation for a reason", she stated. "Silencing the whispers is easily done. You just have know how."

"Really?", I said in an amazed tone.

"Yep", Ruma answered. "Now... what do you drink, coffee or tea?"

"Uh, coffee", I answered, a bit thrown off by the random question.

"Good choice", Ruma answered before opening the doors.

We walked into a well decorated kitchen. Ruma started to prepare a pot of coffee and I leaned against the counter.

"I struggled with the whispers for a long time", Ruma said. "I didn't find out how to get rid of them until way after I last had contact with Shota."