Chapter 8

During the chapters about the Sports Festival there'll be short parts written about other people's perspectives. I suck at writing in second and third person view, so it's written half first, half second person view. I guess. I don't know how to explain it. You'll see.

Bakugo and I made our way through the gathering crowd until we reached the prep rooms. We got some weird looks when we arrived together, but I decided to ignore them.

"(Y/n)!", I heard Midoriya's voice and I turned to him.

"Hey, Izuku!", I greeted him. "Are you excited for the festival?"

"Yeah, I am", he answered with his usual cute smile. "Did you just come in with Kacchan?"

Midoriya looked curious and confused at the same time when he asked the last question. I turned around to look at Bakugo.

"Yeah, Katsuki and I- Katsu-chan?"

I looked around just in time to see him disappearing through the door.

Probably heading to the other prep room. Whatever.

"I saw him in front of school so we walked inside together", I lied.

"Oh, okay", Midoriya said.

"I'll see you later, Izuku", I then said with a smile. "I still have to change into my gym clothes."

"Of course, see you later!"

With that I walked through the room, greeting classmates here and there. After I changed into my gym clothes I went to the stands to look at the field.

There's so many people here, I thought as I looked around the stadium. I'm gonna have an anxiety attack.

I took a deep breath before turning around and bumping into someone.

"Owh", I huffed and I quickly took a step back, tripping over my own feet.

The person I bumped into thankfully caught me and helped me stand up straight again.

"You know it's a bad sign to trip and fall before the game, right?", Kaminari said with a cute smile.

"Right", I nervously said. "Thanks for catching me."

"No problem", Kaminari answered. "Are you ready for the festival? The first round is starting soon. We could be called to walk onto that field any second."

"Yeah, tell me about it", I said as I tried to calm myself down.

You're not helping, Pikachu boy.

"I hope I make it through the first round", he said in a hopeful tone. "I'm gonna do my best."

"You should", I said with a smile, happy to get my mind off the audience. "It's a great opportunity, and also a lot of fun."

Kaminari was about to say something when a voice interrupted him.

"Guys, we gotta get out onto the field!", Ashido said.

I nodded and Kaminari and I followed the pink girl down to a tunnel that led to the field. The whole class was gathered there. After a few seconds we were announced and we had to get out onto the field.

I took a deep breath, trying to ignore my weak knees.

Why am I more scared now than I was during the villain attack?

I walked into the tunnel, but hesitated again. Before I knew it I'd walked to the wall and was leaning my forehead against it while taking deep breaths.