Chapter 7

During the two weeks before the Sports Festival, I caught myself heading to the same training room every Monday and Thursday to see Mirio and Tamaki's class train. So far, Tamaki was always training until he saw me. Then he proceeded to lean his head against the wall. It wasn't until the last Thursday before the Festival that I managed to make some kind of progress in making him move from his usual spot.

"Tamaki-san", I said in a pleading voice as he leaned his head against the wall. "Please keep training."

"No", he simply answered, staring at the wall in front of him.

"I've only seen you in action for about a second every time", I said as I took a step closer. "Please show me your quirk."

"No", he insisted.

"Please~", I dragged.

Although I didn't think the feeling was mutual, I enjoyed hanging around Tamaki. He usually tried to ignore me as much as he could, but I kept insisting on talking to him. I thought he was an interesting person, because his classmates said he was incredibly strong, but also so shy that one first-year girl watching the training made him retreat to his usual spot at the wall, something he usually did when he got shy or insulted. Mirio and his classmates told me something about Tamaki's quirk being 'manifestation', but I could never really imagine anything when hearing it.

Tamaki muttered something under his breath before pushing himself off the wall and scowling at me.

"Woah, I think this is the first time I've seen your entire face for more than a second!", I said. "You're really pretty."

Fuck, why did I say that?

Tamaki and I blushed at the same time and I averted my eyes.

Get a grip on your fucking mouth.

"Woah, you managed to get him off the wall, (y/n)?", Mirio asked as he walked up to us.

"Yes!", I immediately answered, happy with the change of subject. "I was hoping he would show me his quirk."

"Not happening", Tamaki said.

"Come on, Tamaki", Mirio said with his usual smile. "You can't disappoint a pretty girl like that, can you?"

Wait, what?

Tamaki was about to say something when the bell sounded, telling us that we had to get to our next class.

"Shit", I mumbled. "I'm not allowed to be late for my next class."

I took a few steps back and smiled at Mirio and Tamaki.

"I'll be cheering for you during the Sports Festival!", I said. "I'll see you next Monday!"

Mirio waved and Tamaki just stared at me. I turned on my heels and started running to my next class.

I'd hung around their training quite a few times now, barely talking to anyone but Mirio and Tamaki, and yet they never asked me why I was there. I appreciated that. They probably just went with the 'she needs to let out pent up frustration' thing, but I couldn't care less about that. If they wanted to believe I was a hothead with anger issues, so be it.

I reached homeroom a little too late, and Aizawa looked disturbed when I entered.

"I'm sorry... sensei", I said, breathing heavily because of the run there. "I... lost track... of time."

"Clearly", Aizawa commented. "Take your seat."

I nodded and walked over to my seat as quietly as possible. Because of my frequent extra training sessions I was able to keep the whispers at bay. They were still there, but quietly. Every now and then they became loud for no apparent reason and I would excuse myself from class for just a quick session. My visits to Tamaki and Mirio were more something that I liked to do.