Chapter 59

Hello, lovelies! I'm back!

I know my break was a little longer than I initially said it would be (over twice as long), for which I'm sorry. I am experiencing some writer's block and I also failed some of my tests that I had to retake, which took extra time ( ̄ー ̄;

Also I was on crack while writing this chapter so it's kinda all over the place but I hope you'll enjoy it regardless. Because of my longer break it's kinda synced up with real time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Disclaimer: I was not on actual crack. Don't do drugs, kiddos.

For New Year's, as we'd agreed upon, I went to the Bakugo residence. When Mitsuki opened the door for us she immediately smiled.

"(y/n)!", she beamed. "How wonderful to see you again!"

"You too, Mitsuki-san", I replied with a smile. "Thank you for letting me spend New Year's here."

"But of course", the explosive woman said as she opened the door further. "Come in, come in."

I nodded and entered, followed closely by Bakugo. I hung my coat in the hall and walked to the living room, where I saw Bakugo's dad.

"Hello, Masaru-san", I greeted him.

"(y/n)", he kindly said. "Nice to see you again."

"You too, thank you for letting me come", I smiled.

"Where's Katsuki?", Masaru then asked.

"Katsuki?", I echoed. "I thought he was..."

I stopped talking when I turned around and noticed that he wasn't there.

"I... don't know", I mumbled.

I heard Masaru sigh and a few seconds later Bakugo and Mitsuki appeared from the hallway. Bakugo looked extremely irritated and was scowling whereas Mitsuki had a large smile on her face.

"(y/n)", she said. "You like to cook, don't you? I'm making dinner so you can join me if you'd like. You don't have to, of course."

"I'd love to", I said. "What're you cooking?"

"Stew and wagashi!", Mitsuki proudly announced.

My face lit up and I quickly followed her to the kitchen.

We prepared the ingredients together and began to cook as we chatted. I liked talking to Mitsuki very much because I liked the contrast between her aggressive and calm behavior. She intrigued me, but I also respected her very much.

I remembered hearing her talking to Aizawa after the Kamino incident. She wasn't mad at the school at all because she knew that what happened wasn't their fault. Instead, she was grateful to the school for recognizing her son's potential rather than focus on his bad traits.

"So, (y/n)...", Mitsuki started. "How're things going between you and Katsuki?"

"Very good", I smiled. "He can be difficult sometimes, but he's also very sweet and kind to me."

"Sweet and kind?", Mitsuki asked. "My son?"

"Yes", I shyly said as I added the meat I cut to the stew. "He's a little different when other people are around, but when we're alone he's always affectionate and considerate."

"I see", Mitsuki said with a small smile. "I knew there'd be someone he'd warm up to. I'm glad it's someone kind like you."

"Thank you", I said, sincerely honored she thought so well of me. "But I'm not Katsuki's only friend. Eiji is a close friend of his, although I don't think he'd admit that. There's also others, a whole friend group, really. They're all very sweet and supportive."