Chapter 22👿 Brass Knuckles

•Edited•

Warning! Heavy gore and beating

Previously on Secret Class of the Elite....
Caleb felt heartbroken as he watched his first-ever friend and family walk away from him, leaving his side just like he left his. He then heard footsteps behind him, he knew it was his friends, but he just didn't turn around. Caleb only stared at Shigaraki who was now a speck in the dark distance. "Come on guys. Let's just go home, we've had a busy day", Hugo says soothingly. The others nod in agreement and start walking towards the limo that was in the distance.

Kaiya, Sierra and Midoriya went to Caleb's side. "Come on Caleb", Midoriya whispers, "let's go." He gently grabbed his friend by the arm and pulled him up. The four of them walked quietly as Caleb held in his tears.

    If I could rewind time, Caleb thought, I would've fought back harder to stay by your side....

Miss Ariel informed Mr. Grimm that she was gonna have Caleb stay at home for the practical exam since he was still a bit shaken up after the unexpected encounter between him and Shigaraki. The goth was really dysfunctional for a while when they had gotten home.

Crying.

Apologizing repeatedly.

Hyperventilating.

Now these things might sound like he's just being overdramatic. But after seeing his long-lost friend, memories of the day he was taken away from Japan and to California flooded into his mind. Midoriya would come and stay with Caleb a little after school trying to get his mind off of what happened until he was taken home by Mr. Zach.

Today was the day that they were going to have their practical exam. Something they have all been working hard on training for. They've already done the written exam, but now they were going to fight against the teachers.

"I'll talk to Nezu about it", Mr. Grimm says, "hopefully he'll excuse Caleb." Miss Ariel nods her head as she watches the other six head out the door and towards the limo. "He probably will. But, you know he is gonna ask you why, don't lie to him", Miss Ariel states. Mr. Grimm nods his head as he was the last to walk out the door.

The raven haired woman closes the door and heads to the living room where Caleb sat, wrapped in a dark purple weighted blanket, staring out of the large window and into the baby blue sky. "Seems really nice outside huh Caleb", Miss Ariel asks. Caleb only grunts for a response. Miss Ariel sighs tiredly, doing her best to cheer the goth up. And as if he were reading her thoughts he says, "why are you trying?"

"Because I care. All of us do."

"After I was taken from Japan and to America. I hated the man; he forced me to use my quirk for his illegal business purposes. I hated his whore of a wife, she blamed me for every little thing that I did or did not do. I felt like I couldn't trust anyone." Caleb then turned to look at the woman's amethyst eyes with his dead yellow. "Tomura was the only one who I considered family before I met you guys."