DLDB:33

" You dodged him?!." Gurney said for the 3rd time.
" You dodged him!" Make that the fourth. Gurney laughed " You." He said poking my nose. " Are one cold hearted bitch Kinsley Pines."

It wasn't funny

It wasn't funny. After last night I needed some one to talk to. After realizing I don't have any friends I made my way over to Gurney's we sat against his front door just as we did as kids. Instead of gossiping about the Bell Boy's affair with the receptionist. I was the topic for today. I had told him all about Luca's confession, and let's not forget about Jasper trying to kiss me. There was no mistaking it. No misreading the signs it happened.

In all his glory Jasper Ralston was going to kiss me.

Until I ruined it.

" I know." I cried my head fallen in my lap in defeat.
" I'm an awful person." Gurney awkwardly patted my back with his heavy hands, the loud thumps feeling up the hallway. " And he's so sweet and amazing and super super hot. And I- I Urghhh."

" Yeah I'm sure he feels like shit right now." Gurney said taking a bite of his breakfast taco. " Getting turned down like that whewww. That's gonna be a hard recovery."

He certainly wasn't helping.

" Why didn't you kiss him anyway. You tryna stay loyal to Rufus?" He said with his mouth stuffed with food. I look at his in disgust. " It's Lucas. And no. Lucas is .... a friend-enemy . He's attractive but..."

" But?"

" But it doesn't matter because I don't want a relationship. That's why I didn't kiss Jasper nor Lucas."

" You don't need to be in a relationship to kiss someone. Friends with benefits." I shook my head at the thought. Not liking the sound of that. " That isn't fair to ether of them. They want... they want commitment and I'm not for it."

Gurney laughed as if my words where outrages. His loud voice echos in the hall. " You let those looks of yours get to your head Kinsley."

My face turned in confession.
"What."

" Not every guy wants to be your boyfriend." He shrugged. " I sure as hell don't."

I roll my eyes. " Well obviously I'm doing right if
I don't attract high school drop outs." I shot back.

" Ouch." He teased. Placing his hand over his chest as if he was wounded by my words. " Those words would hurt if they where true. But there not... I'm  homeschooled remember." I stare at Gurney blankly at his sorry excuse for missing school. While I got every morning to attend school Gurney was in bed. While I was in class learning Algebra. Gurney was strumming his guitar or playing GTA and it's been like that every since I could remember. Strangely enough the guy seem to have friends. Older ones, due to his time playing at bars and night clubs. Dedicating his life to music.