DLDB:70

"But then came a wave of noise

                       "But then came a wave of noise."
                                                   ~KP

My Mom was blind before the accident.

Not literally of course.

But her sense of denial and oblivion hindered her sight making her in fact only have 4 senses. It's not all her fault. There was nothing strange to hint of  his betrayal. He worked all time, and I think sometimes she was grateful for his absence as the love started to fade. He reminded her of her forgotten dream. I guess she's a bit to blame as well for the fall of their marriage.

Her eyes didn't light much when she saw him,  the expensive suit and tie he wore around his neck seem too stifling for her. She was a great corporate lawyer, could honestly do no wrong. But it wasn't her passion, though she did love him she couldn't forget that she lost the love of her life when marrying him.

Dance.

I guess I was blind to. Of course they argued but I figured that's what love was, it's what you fight for , but the love I saw between them faded into the dark.

Dark.

Now I know why Mom loved it so much.

Though there was darkness. Silence was granted and even from my bedroom I could hear Gruney's pleads for me to open the door.

I felt empty, though for some reason my pride wouldn't allow me to open that door. I needed to not look wounded for every bruise to heal for the blood that trickled out of my nose to vanish. I needed to be me again, but then again this was me for the longest. I've always been beaten, only at first I wore it on the inside.

The agenda still stayed the same. I'd work my ass to get a scholarship to Juilliard and then I'd be gone. Finn would be behind.... and so would Johnathan.

I take a long look at myself in the bedroom mirror.

I'm ready for this part to be over. I want to wake up healed, the marks of today's gone leaving no trace. But with the colors Finn left on my skin, all I could focus on was my empty brown eyes. They weren't even glossy, why I can't I cry anymore?

KNOCK KNOCK

I sigh heavily as I hear another knock at the door. Annoyed I walk intro the leaving room. " Gurney don't make me call the cops-"

My words where cut short at the door flung  open and in stumbled Gurney and Nani holding the detached door handle in her hands.

She smiled rejoice that the door was finally open, but her pretty smile faded when she saw me. She froze, and for time I didn't see the admiration she would carry in her eyes. She always looked at me if I was the Sun's Daughter, a honey drop of sweetness  to pretty for imperfections a  vivid light that lit and had every hour golden. And for some reason I didn't mind,  didn't mind the idolization and admiration didn't mind being worthy in some else's eyes because I didn't see it in myself, guess that is a bit egotistical now that I've said it.