DLDB:75

"Romance , infectious.... more of a plague then medication."

"Making people love sick."
                                                  - Kinsley Pines

*                *

Yesterday's gossip seem to be fresh on everyone mind. Though I had already figured a way out of the conundrum. And even though I promised Jasper to stay out of it I knew that just wasn't possible. The school day went by, and no matter what, I just couldn't stop thinking about him. Nani and Bee understood my distance for the day and kept themselves occupied by planning my "kick back" I had slept through have of my classes to exhausted from staying up the night before. But when end of the day bell rung. My plan was ready to go into action.

I waited by the bleacher of the foot field as the foot players conditioned during off season. Yet, to my surprise Finn was no were in sight. He wasn't who I was looking for anyway.

" You might want to stand in the shade KP, couldn't imagine you breaking a sweat out here."

     I playful role my eyes, and turn to face him as he approached a cocky grin on his face. His  muscled chest glistening with sweat and his shorts hanging dangerously low..

" I can handle heat Lucy, just because you and your ball handlers are having a heat stroke doesn't mean I am." I shot back.

  " You couldn't handle it on the field, you'd cry if you broke a nail." I scoff at his comments, and placed single manicured finger in the center his exposed chest. His eyes following before retracting back to my lips as I softly and confidently said.

" And they'd cry when I break there hearts."

His breath went hitch and even with one finger I could feel the escalation of his heart bet. I could tell from the lump of his Adam's apple that his throat had went dry. He recovered his eyes looking at me with amazement and glint.

His hands cuffed my rest not allowing my finger to depart from him, my palms touched his chest trying to pull away yet it was planted to his chest.

Skin to skin.

  And his powerful heart beat.

" I don't doubt it for a moment." It was that look again, but instead the glint was gone and a undertone of sadness was there instead.

    Blush crept over my cheeks, from his touch.
I think he realized how tranquilized I was because of his.

That he did have an affect on me.

    His eyes fell down to my wrist, as if he snapping back into reality he let go. Knowing it was needed I took a few steps back allowing space between us

" I need a favor." I confessed bluntly in order to change the topic.

      He shakes his head " Nah, doing you favors isn't helping me none. Ask Loverboy." His large frame turning away ready to leave me.

" Please." It was a desperate plea.

It was a single word.

        He stopped in his tracks conflicted but after that he didn't move any further. A sigh left his lips and he turned back around.

" What is it?"

Relief washed over me.

      " I need Finn's water bottle."