DLDB:46

There seem to be 2 kinds of rich people

Rich and stupid Rich.

The Rangers were stupid rich. They bought dumb things just because they could, they got a big house- no a gigantic house with 12 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms when only 4 of them lived in the house and majority of the time half of them were never home.

Fin's sister, Fiona was a 14 -year-old tyrant who spent her time yelling at the maids and recording for her YouTube channel and smacking on her Berry Splash Strawberry Bubble gum. Her communications skills consisted of eye rolls and lip-smacking.

The whole family was torture.

My Father stood beside me fixing his tie as we stood in front of the front door. Moments like this my mom would help him straighten it out, it wouldn't be sweet or romantic it would be him avoiding eye contact and her trying her best not to listen to her inner voice and choke him with it.

While he rearranged his tie I pulled out my deep matte red lipstick.

" I told you how I felt about that lipstick." He grumbled pulling out his handkerchief and handing it to me.

" Red lipstick represents confidence." I confidently responded applying my red licks.

" Red lipstick is for hookers." His face turned in disgust.

" You would know all about that wouldn't you?" My witty remarked didn't go unnoticed and while the corner of my lips raised in a smirk. He wasn't amused. His large hand wrapped right, so tight around my small wrist, I was in fear that he'd break it. His frosty blue eyes were cold, so cold I felt a chill run up my spine.

I love my Dad.

But sometimes I fear him more.

My lipstick fell out of my hand at his sudden grasp, it was the falling pen in the silent room. The only thing that could be heard.

" Play nice." His deep voice warned.

It was the only words he needed to say.

The message was clear. And I would abide.

When he was gone it was easy to make trouble, but when was there My Father had me on such a tight leash I struggled to breathe and in some way I think that's what he wanted. He wanted me to need him for air. To depend on him as my life source because that made it easy for him to pull his strings.

His grip released yet the feeling still it lingered on my wrist even as the front door opened. It was like a switch the stern face turned to a friendly smile and I knew that the act was now own.

" John!" Lora exclaimed. Her brunette hair was cut short and neatly curled her face unbotched and the numerous amounts of money she spent on Botox were in full effect not a wrinkle in sight. Her small frame was dressed in a beautiful white dress making her look like the perfect housewife. Her almonds eyes feel in me and her smile widen.