DLDB:45

I love my Father

I love my Father.

And I'm not sure why. It could have been the sweet memories that I had of him. Pushing me on the swings, buying me my very first ballet sleepers, or how he would say " Hey Kinny The Pooh." Things that were once natural, the father-daughter bond had now become an act we'd put in for fancy dinners and galas. I'd force a pretty smile and have my hair in a neat little bun, and talk about how more I adore the caviar. He'd smile and agree and talk about how proud he is for me being an Advanced class, that he places me in, but he'd always fail to mention that I was failing them.

The Pines Family.

We were good at faking it. He was good at it, playing perfect he had more experience than I did. I guess 15 years of marriage did the trick years and years of faking it. For the longest, I hadn't even noticed the act the forced I thought they where happy, I thought we were happy.

Mom died.

And once she did the image of our family had to remain the same. The scandals had to push under the rug and I had to stand next to my Father as elegant Pines women.

His voice could be heard away from work yet still making business calls. Following his voice, I ended up at the foot of his office. His black suit was tailored perfectly matching his tall frame. His hair was jet black with a few slivers nearly cut and jailed back. A Rolex on his wrist making it clear the amount of wealth he carried. My father was a handsome man with a cleaned shaved face that aged like wine, and blue eyes I didn't possess. Those blue eyes widen as be saw me entered the phone conversation he once had ended. He looked at me, I knew that look, the look a father gives his child when he hasn't seen them in months.

I love my Father.

And know my Mother did, and I guess that's was both of are a downfall.

Jonathan Pines.

The first man to ever break my heart.

" What are you doing here?" I asked ruining whatever sweet family reunion he thought we would be having

" Are you seriously asking what I'm doing in my own home?" His stern voice replied.