DLDB:47

It was a dumb idea

It was a dumb idea.

I had no idea where Jasper lived or if he was even in town. But I did it anyway I rode in a Uber all the way to the East Side wanting to find him. Not knowing where I even was. The East Side was unfamiliar territory. I knew very little about it other than the fact that I was supposed to stay away from it. It looked different, much different than where I grew up. The streets looked darker with only a few street lights that stood slanted as if they had been hit far too many times. The houses were small with barred windows and dogs barking up a storm. There was even a homeless man that sat on a bench holding his can of beer.

I pulle out my phone and texted Jasper a short text telling him where I was. I expected him to say he wasn't in town, or to ask me what I was doing there. A minute didn't even go by before he replied:" Say put."

And so I did.

I had known scarier things on my side of town than a strange homeless man. I had meet demons on my side of town that made these dark streets a little less dark.  Then again I never walked on rugdy a side walk, I'd never been poor. I knew demons in tuxedo and black cards, with ghost of haunting past. I never worried about food or shelter not until now.

Not until I was standing on the side of the street wanting to be anywhere but home.

Minutes passed and I waited, eventually the dark street was no longer dark and the festivities began. The flashing lights from house parties and a parade of party goers strung on alcohol and drugs with blasting music. It was as if the whole block was awake.

My legs trembled as cool breeze flew by.

" Aye what's the valley girl doing on the block?" A girl laughed as she walked by her group of friends giggling.

I shifted in discomfort at the strange looks I got as people walked by.

" You lost pretty girl?"

I ignored the voice that was clearly speaking to me, and instead acted as if I was typing on my phone.

" You deaf or something bitch?" He cursed yanking me by my forearm.

" I'm so fucking tired of people putting there hands on me!" I cursed snapping at the boy, who was taken back by my outburst. He was older at least in his early 20 with a dirty blonde hair and a stubbled face.

" Aye why you got to be such a bitch I'm just trying to talk to you?" He explained

" Well maybe I don't want to talk to you!" I snapped back

" Let her go Ty."

Jasper

His voice alone made my heart fluttered. He slammed his car door shut clearly aggravated with fire I had never seen in his eyes before.  It was his element, his side of town and the way he carried himself made it obvious. Ty's hand released his grip and a smile went across his face.