DLDB:64

I wasn't an angel, but I looked good in it's costume

I wasn't an angel, but I looked good in it's costume. The thin white dress was simple yet elegant stopping at my mid thigh with a sliver jeweled head piece laid against my forehead. And even though my costume showed simplicity my make up had not. Sliver glitter covered my cheeks resembling blush with small diamonds at the corner of my eye. Sliver brackets cuffed both my wrist and my forearms.

I was beautiful.

Carly peaked through the curtains anxiously. Her fire red hair braided back with golden jeweled placed inside them. Our outfits where identical yet, while I was sliver she was gold ands thats what set us apart.

I envied her.

I envied the butterflies and the nerves she felt as she watched both of her parents set in audience waiting to document the moment with their cameras. I understood how intense they where, how she had a lot of pressure on her self to good because of them. How she just wanted to make them proud.

" Hey Angel." I greeted. She jumped started.

" Damn it Kinsley don't do that." She said clearly agitated.

" Someones jumpy." 

" Am not. I'm just-" She stopped speaking and began analyzing me." How are you so calm? Don't you ever get jitters?"

I shrug peaking out of the curtains into the large audience of  formal dressed people. Bee's family sat in the front posture as straight as a rode, stoned expression yet  I could still see the excitement in there eyes as they waited for Bee. They where the serious type, grades where important to them. Bee never had less a 94 her whole life. Unlike my Father they still valued the arts by the age of 8 Bee mastered the piano the violin and could even paint like Picasso if she wanted to. They believed in versatility and wanted Bee to excel at everything she did. Even dance, it was another check off their list of achievements her family  was full of Politicians and lawyers. And eventually her Mom would be congresswomen. And no matter how busy, they always where in audience. . Nani's parents where different , Nani wasn't dumb she got her work done passed. Yet, didn't strive honors like Bee did. Her family carried more more  physical characters. Coming from a long line of super models they sat in there seats applying another layer of lips gloss and posed for their instagrams.

They where proud of Nani, and even though they where invested in phones and theirs brands. It was a never a recital  where they didn't post a video of her dancing. It was never a time where I didn't see them flood their timelines with pictures from the competitions. Yeah, the might  shove carrots down Nani's throats, but they endorsed her as dancer. She model leotard brands and even Nike once. They nurtured her career. And for that they where proud. So they smiled in audience looking the super models they where, and supported there daughter, and sister.