DLDB:66

Vegas

                            Vegas. From a young age I was told that one day I'd own it. He built a palace in Vegas a kingdom and although my Father had many of them all around the world. Vegas was his capital, it was his beginning. No, my Dad doesn't have a sad story of growing up eating bread crumbs and working his way to the top. He was child of generational wealth he was born rich, and if he plays his cards right he'll die rich. He did work hard. He put in a lot of work turning my Grandfathers work to what it is today.

Vegas was his baby, practically his first child. My grandfather left the city to him and after that he expanded taking over New York, LA and any place else. He didn't do it alone. Bruce Ranger and him both attended Boarding school over seas and then attended the same college together, Dartmouth, getting fancy business degrees and then putting there heads together and becoming businesses partners owning nearly everything together. Bruce was a rich guy himself, his people owning the other half Vegas, but together they owned everything.

Mom figured the suburbs where a better place to raise me, but ever now and then the lights of Vegas would flicker and we would be right back.

I sat in the backseat of the car along with my Dad as the chauffeur pulled into the luxurious resort. My Dad was particularly protective in Vegas with security making it nearly impossible to breath the amount of body guards that followed me did in fact make me feel like a princess, yet with the perks. Vegas could be dangerous I understood that, and with his popularity here his wealth was no secret nor was mine making me an easy target for who ever.

" Finnegan has arranged for you two to have brunch later at noon." My Father said breaking the long lasting silence that we had the whole car ride.

I heavily smack on my gum while scrolling through my phone my shades were unnecessary with the deep tinted car windows yet, I didn't care. " Cancel. I've got a hair appointment at noon."

" Fine, be ready in an hour and I'll have him take you out for breakfast."

"  I have a dress fitting in an hour."

Unfazed he said " Cancel."

" That's ridiculous. If it's press you want you'll have more than enough of it at the gala. There's no for need me to see Finnegan if I'll just see him later on tonight". I explained. When it came to big cities eyes always watched, and it was important for him to control the imagine being seen. It was important that his bachelorette daughter was seen with a bachelor like Finn. PR was what he wanted. After the past few months Finn's and I's  romance had left public eye and even though our  frustration towards each other wasn't known by others, it was sensed. But being here Vegas, it was his perfect opportunity to restore it and recreate the perfect image he wanted. At home, what we did mattered just not at much. We could get away with the shit we did without cameras flashing.  And no, I'm sure we wouldn't be covered on TMZ or E News because honestly millionaires don't get as much coverage as actors or pop starts unless your the Kardashian's,  but the people in the business world saw. in  my Father those where the only eyes that mattered.