Who is This Kid?

A red blur streaked into Xisuma's base, making a loop before stumbling to a stop at X's feet. "Xisuma!" He gasped.

"Grian? What happened? What's wrong?" X could feel anxiety creeping in. What had Grian in such a twist?

"Uhhh..... Is there by chance any rustic-style homes I could borrow?" He smiled, concern showing in his eyes.

"Well, Exy's house is kinda rustic, and I think he's in his cave right now, so you could use that? Why, what's happening?"

Grian took off without responding, and X shot after him, his mind conjuring even more dangerous scenarios by the minute.

Grian touched down roughly, hardly slowing at all as he sprinted to the house, slamming his face into the window. X couldn't tell if the crack sound was the window or Grian's skull.

"Perfect," he breathed. Grian threw down a shulker box, throwing obsidian in front of the door, then booked it around the back, barricading the back door as well.

"Grian, what is the meaning of this!" X cried as Grian trotted back to the front yard, panting.

"It's all taken care of now, you can go." Grian shooed X away, but he held his ground.

"Grian, I mean it. What are you on about?"

Realization settled on Grian's face. "Oh. I guess I never told you, hehe.. You see, I have this thing- person? But he's crazy! So he's in my closet- well, not anymore, obviously. But he loves rustic houses, so here we are!"

X blinked. "...huh?"

"Maybe it's easier to show you." Grian crept up to the obsidian blocking the door. "I'll open the door, and you run in. Whatever you do, don't let him get out. Ready?"

X, confusion written all over his face, stood beside the door. Grian nodded, and counted down on his fingers.

3
2
1

BAM

The window shuddered as Ex's helmeted face appeared in the window, eyes wide with panic. He seemed to be shouting because his visor was fogging up, but he couldn't be heard through the window.

"Oh no..." Grian sighed. "I thought you said Exy wasn't home today!"

"I thought he wasn't! We need to get him out!" X felt a shiver up his spine, uncertain what the creature inside could do to his brother.

Grian whipped out a book, scrawling a message and holding it to the window for Ex to read. His eyes darted back and forth, until he finished reading and glared daggers at Grian. Grian just shrugged, returning to the door.

"We have to go in. I'll remove the obsidian, you make sure nothing gets out, ready go!" Grian mined away the obsidian, and X slammed his back against the door, not sure what he was keeping in. "Let's go, careful!"

Carefully, the door was cracked just enough for Grian's thin frame to squeeze through, and then carefully opened wider for X's armor. Finally, high on adrenaline, the pair collapsed on the wood floor, safely inside.

Well, maybe not safe; X still wasn't sure what Grian's secret was.

"Why did you two come in here?? You could've let me out and left that thing in here to rot!" Ex glared angrily down at them.

"He's harmless, really! Just very clingy, and annoying if you want to get work done." Grian shrugged and stood, offering X a hand up.

"What exactly is this thing?" X cautiously asked. Grian grinned, while Ex grimaced.