XXX

"Iskall- Iskall slow down, I'm out of rockets!"

Iskall disappeared in the End fog, too far to hear Xisuma's cries. The Void was open and dark, seemingly dragging X down. He struck his last rocket, but it fizzled and died without igniting.

"Come on..." There was no land. No where. Only Void. It called. Shivers crawled up X's spine. Not again. Not again not again notagainnotagain-

Xisumavoid fell out of the world

X gasped, sitting up sharply. Ex held his shoulders gently. "Are you alright?! I'm so glad I made you sleep here before leaving!"

"I'm- I'm fine." X took a shuddering breath, staring into the floorboards under his feet.

"...I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, Exy."

As the two sat in silence, there was a sharp knock at the door and quick steps coming up the stairs. Mumbo burst into the loft panting, worry in his eyes. "Exy, are you alright? Your texts sounded urgent, and since I was nearby..."

Ex moved to take his hand off X's shoulder, but decided against it. "I was... worried about X, but it's fine. You can go." He mumbled, embarrassed.

Mumbo sat in a wooden chair nearby, much to Ex's dismay. "Why were you worried about Xisuma? Falling into the Void happens all the time!"

"Have you ever seen me fall in the Void though?" Even saying the name made X shiver.

"I- I suppose I haven't. Why, does this mean something?" Mumbo furrowed his brow. "Does this have to do with your... origin?" Mumbo whispered, glancing at Ex.

Ex turned to Xisuma, who simply nodded. "I suppose we'd better tell someone."

"Fine, but you tell the story, I don't wanna," Ex said shortly.

X shook his head. "Fine. Promise you won't tell anyhermit until we're ready?"

Mumbo nodded, excited but nervous to finally hear the story of Evil Xisuma.

X sighed. "Where to start... I suppose it all started when I was first alone.

I was an admin, granted full power over my world. But, my world was empty. All the other admins I had talked to had people living in their world, but I didn't.

For a long time, I liked it. It was peaceful, calm. I could do whatever I wanted! I built houses, cities, nations. I built rustic, and modern, and everything in between. I filled them with animals and villagers to give them life. I terraformed the landscape, as far as the eye could see. But, after a while, even the creature sounds weren't enough to fill the silence. Months turned into years, and the silence grew upsetting.

I went rouge.

I killed every creature I had befriended. I burned every forest I had built by hand. I tore down every building I had made over the years. I was insane. I was unstoppable. I was powerful.

The world was destroyed. It was bedrock, as far as the eye could see. My sanity was destroyed. I had nothing left to give. I decided to end it all.

I jumped.

I wasn't sure what death from the Void would feel like, but what happened definitely wasn't death. The Void almost... caught me, in a way. I was saved.

I begged and pleaded- for death, for freedom, anything. And the Void responded.

Ask for what you truly desire.

I was confused. I didn't want anything. I asked for death. But the Void said no. I asked for freedom. The Void said no. What did I want?

A friend. I asked for a friend, and the Void agreed silently.