RenDoc Drama

"No Ren, we are not making a roller coaster." Doc sighed for the 5th time. "We need these rails for a... project."

Ren groaned, shifting his grip on the stack of shulker boxes. "What's the point of having a million rails if you aren't making a roller coaster!"

"Once it's finished you'll understand. Well, maybe not, but that's okay. Just set them over there."

Ren dumped the boxes in the corner. "Are you really gonna use five whole boxes of rails? And do we have to work in the rain? The rain makes my hair frizzy, and the ladies hate that..."

"Yes and no I suppose, it's kind of complicated... Actually Ren, you can have a box of rails. Go crazy, build a roller coaster. Just be ready to take it down if I need the rails, okay? Stay where I can see you!"

Ren leapt up quickly. "Thanks Doc!" He grabbed a box and ran, slipping in the mud as he went.

Ren sneezed violently as he threw a diamond in the chest. "Sorry Tango, that diabund bight have sobe sickness bugs on it," Ren laughed to himself, sniffling.

"Hey Ren, have you seen my green shulker box? I swear I had it when we were working on my secret project." Doc appeared next to Ren, startling him.

"Nope, sorry Dog."

"Did you get sick?"

Ren just nodded with a grin.

"It was from playing in the rain, wasn't it. I suppose I can't trust you with big jobs like that anymore," Doc sighed.

Ren frowned. "Yes you can! It's just a liddle cold, I'm fine!"

"I don't want to be accountable if you get hurt, okay? I'd rather just keep you safe. Go home and rest now, got it?" Doc gently herded Ren back towards his base.

"Fine, whadever..."

"Are you feeling okay? Because you sure don't look like it..." Doc crouched next to Ren's bed.

"I'm fine, really. Just trying to get over this stupid sickness, ya dig?" Ren smiled weakly. His skin was pallid and his eyes were dark.

"If you're sure... When was the last time you had Joe come check on you?"

"Ehh... It wasn't more then three- no, four weeks? Or were those months?" Ren tried to frown in concentration, but he couldn't muster the energy.

"Oh Ren, you bumbling idiot. I'm getting Joe right now. You stay here and sleep." Doc shut the door quietly, then bolted as quick as he could. He whipped out his phone, texting Joe as he took flight.

Doc: Ren sick, pleae check him. im gettign stress

Joe: It would be my pleasure.

Ten minutes later Doc, Joe and Stress were quietly gathered around Ren's bed.

"How long have you felt like this Ren?" Stress asked gently.

"Uhh, I kinda knew somethin was wrong a few months ago, but it just got bad a couple weeks ago."

"A month? Why-!" Doc started to raise his voice, but realized, dropping down to a hiss. "-why didn't you tell me?"

Ren shrugged slightly. "I wanted to prove I could take care of things by myself, yknow? To prove I could help you with stuff."

"Alright Ren, what are your symptoms?" Joe pulled out a notepad.

"Um, dizziness, queasy tummy, sore muscles, uncontrollable vomiting if I'm in......."

Doc collapsed into the nearby chair. The talking in the room faded into the background. He did this. Doc caused this. His best friend is going to suffer and die a painful death because of how terrible a friend he is. How could he do this to poor Ren? Everything felt black and white all of a sudden, he didn't feel so good-

"Doc, you okay?" Ren's quiet voice snapped him out of his trance. They were alone now.

Doc hurried over to the bedside, grabbing Ren's hand. "Oh Ren I'm so sorry for the way I treated you, I'm just-"

Ren's laughter interrupted him. "Doc, what are you talking about?"

"I'm sorry, I'm so stupid. I didn't realize how I was treating you before. You're a really smart and kind guy, and I need to treat you as an equal. I'm sorry for how I've acted Ren." He rubbed at the tears falling down his face.

Ren just giggled. "I don't think I've ever seen you cry before. It looks funny because your robot eye doesn't cry so you're only crying out of one eye."

Doc smiled weakly. "I guess so. Did Joe say what's wrong with you?"

"Yeah, I didn't understand most of it. Blah blah, I'll feel weak and exhausted for a while, so I need to rest and take medicine. I'm so annoyed, I wanted to work on my dojo."

Doc sighed, leaning back. "I'm glad you're going to be okay. I love you man."

"Love you too bro. Now, can you leave? I need sleep."

Doc laughed as he stood. "Yeah, sorry. I'll see you tomorrow."

I was going somewhere with this, but I forgot... Enjoy the snippet!

Love you, my little stars!
-RaeTheStar