Infight -2

"I missed this," Grian sighed happily. "Didn't you Mumbo?"

Grian mumbled to himself, waving the fake Mumbo's arm. "I'm glad you agree! I'm just sorry Iskall is refusing to come to our meetings, he's going to miss out on all our projects."

"Hey, where's Mumbo?" Iskall's cold voice called from the door.

Grian didn't turn around. "He's right here. We're having a meeting if you'll excuse us."

"That's not Mumbo you fool. Have you seen him?"

"...no."

Iskall nodded, though Grian couldn't see it. "Some friend you are." Iskall strapped on his elytra, flying out of the building.

Grian sighed a breath of relief. "Glad we got rid of him, right Mumbo?" Grian glanced at the fake Mumbo, and his grin fell. "Iskall's right. We need the real you back. Sorry, fake Mumby."

Grian kicked over the stack of blocks, flying out the window.

Iskall paced across the room. "What is he doing? He hasn't made it to any meetings this week. He says he's 'busy'."

"I tried visiting his base, but he's been avoiding me like the plague..." Grian shifted in his chair, agitated. This was the first composed conversation Grian and Iskall had had in the last 2 weeks.

"We need to just go over to his base together and get him out here. He's a key member of Sahara, and he needs to pull his own weight." Iskall pulled on his elytra, huffing.

"Fine, let's go."

The pair flew over to Mumbo's island in silence, not noticing anything out of the ordinary. They glided in circles a couple times calling his name, but there was no response.

"I think I just saw something move..." Grian dove swiftly, crying in triumph as he found his target. "There you are!"

"Ah Grian, you need to leave. Please." Mumbo shoved him away, refusing to make eye contact.

"What, why? Why haven't you come to any meetings?"

"Sorry, very busy. You need to leave."

Grian frowned, but obeyed, flying away. Iskall caught up with him, curious about what happened.

"Nothing new. He just kicked me out, saying he was busy. I wonder what he's working on."

"Whatever it is, it shouldn't take precedence over Sahara. We're a team!"

"Hey, give him a break. He deserves it after all the redstone he did for Sahara," Grian defended.

"Picking sides are we? Maybe you should go home and play with your parrots if you're not committed to this project." Iskall snapped.

"Why are you yelling at me? Mumbo is the one you should be mad at!"

"Listen, if neither of you are going to step up, then I will. Just go home." Iskall shook his head, diving into the shopping district.

Grian heaved a sigh, rubbing a tear from his eye. He banked around the statue of hermity, flying back to his base.

Two more weeks passed without a word from Mumbo. Xisuma tried countless times to fly to his base, but Mumbo was either nowhere to be found, or kicked X out immediately. From what X had noticed, Mumbo was fraying at the edges, with his eyes dark and dull and his clothes old and stained.

"Iskall, get down here!" Xisuma stormed into Sahara, fuming.

Iskall instantly flew down from the ceiling, landing next to X. He fidgeted with his suit buttons, but froze as Xisuma's glare pierced him.