Bdubs Gotta Bow -2

Etho rolled out of bed, stretching quietly. He glanced around, smiling at the cozy room. It had been nearly two months since he had been abandoned by the nHo- or at least, that's how he described it.

Bdubs threw him away so easily, and Etho hadn't heard a word from anyone in the nHo since. Etho had given up on them in return.

Etho: u ready yet?

Ren: ughhhhhh

Etho: I'll be there in 5

With one more glance around the room, Etho left, shutting the door gently behind him. The Urenium landscape had been hard to adjust to, but Etho quite liked it now. He trotted over to Ren's house, knocking softly. He used the window's reflection to tame his wild hair, but it didn't help much.

"Why do you make us leave so early..." Ren moaned as he threw the door open. "I'm not a morning person."

Falling silent, Ren reached up and fussed with Etho's hair, playing with it until it stood up behind his headband just right. Ren loved styling hair, and Etho loved having his hair played with, so it worked out.

"Well Iskall and I are morning people, so you're outnumbered. Cmon, we need to hurry up."

Etho jogged ahead while Ren ambled along behind him. They reached Iskall's side of the island, and found the man already stretching his legs.

"What took you guys so long!" He laughed.

"Shut up." Ren sat down on the fake grass, moping. The grass was still covered in morning dew, which made Ren shiver pathetically.

"Ah, this is my favorite time of day." Etho took a deep breath. "The air is so cold and still, it feels like we're the only ones in the world."

"Ah, that reminds me. Beef gave me a letter; it's for you." Iskall casually mentioned, pulling out said letter.

Etho froze, taking the letter numbly. He turned it over several times, ensuring it was real. It had Beef's handwriting- all capital letters. It was taped shut- Beef hated licking envelopes. It was legit.

The trio went for their morning run, but Etho didn't enjoy it. He was focused on the flip-flopping in his stomach, and the feeling of the letter in his pocket. He couldn't decide if he was excited or scared.

After the run, he opted out of breakfast, saying his stomach hurt too much- which it did. He sat on the edge of his bed, holding the letter in his hands. He was afraid to open it, and he wasn't sure why.

Slowly, ever so slowly, he broke the seal, pulling out the crisply folded paper.

Dearest Etho,

It's me, Beef! I hope you're doing well wherever you are, because we're not doing great over here. The nHo is kinda falling apart, because I think you were our glue. Bdubs is gone. He left the same time as you without a word. Doc is really scary now, and sometimes I wonder why I stick with him. Please come home soon, because we miss you!

Lots of Love,
VintageBeef

Etho shuddered, skimming the letter again. Bdubs didn't tell the others what happened that day. They thought Etho had run away two months ago. Etho's stomach churned, and he couldn't decide what he was feeling.

First was homesickness. Beef felt like home to Etho, and seeing his big, blocky handwriting made him want to run home crying.

Second was rage, which overpowered the sadness quickly. Bdubs had traded him away, didn't tell his friends and coworkers, and then disappeared. That absolute little-

Etho couldn't control his rage as he tore the letter down the middle. Stalking out of the room, he clenched his jaw. He was going to teach Bdubs the meaning of pain, just like he had done to Etho two months ago.

"Hey hey, what's up man?" Ren's concerned voice broke Etho's blind rage.

"Uh..."

Ren glanced down, noticing the torn paper in his shaking hands. "That letter was from Beef, right? Is everything okay?"

"...Bdubs is gone..." Etho mumbled.

Ren smiled sadly. "Yeah. How ya feeling?"

Etho squinted into Ren's eyes. "You knew? And didn't tell me?"

Ren chuckled nervously. "Ah, I caught wind of it the other day." Ren spotted Etho's glare and backpedaled. "I didn't know he left so long ago! I- I just found out the other day! I'm sorry Etho!"

Etho sagged, all anger leaving his system. "Sorry Ren; just surprised. I always figured Bdubs would be the first to go- he could never sit still for long... Can we talk?"

Ren softened instantly. "Of course. Let's sit in the grass." They stepped onto Iskall's side of the island, sitting in the grass.

"Bdubs didn't tell Beef or Doc what happened to me. They think I left the server like Bdubs did, and I'm feeling a lot of emotions. I'm mad at Bdubs for doing that. I'm grateful to you and Iskall for taking me in so easily, even though we were enemies. I want to punch a wall and then cry for hours. What do I do?" Tears streamed down his cheeks silently.

"I... I'm sorry for everything that happened Etho. I know how it feels to be dragged away from your home, only to make a new home and move on. It's nice, until the past comes calling. I think it's up to you whether you stay or go home; I'm sure Beef would love to see you," Ren encouraged.

"Yeah, but what about Doc? He's hardened, man. He would never let me talk to you again if I left... I can't decide what to do, help me Ren! Tell me what to do!" Etho pleaded.

Ren shrank, sympathy and pain filling his eyes. "I'm sorry Etho, but this decision is up to you. Whatever you decide, I'll always love you." Ren stood, mussing up Etho's hair. "Take your time."

He walked away, leaving Etho to his thoughts. The options swirled around his brain, crushing him. He would lose friends regardless of what he chose. He also wanted to be mad at Bdubs, but he was long gone. Nothing to be done there, and that crushed his spirits.

"You good man?" Iskall plopped down in the grass next to him, his smile disappearing instantly. "What happened?"

"A lot. I think I might be making the wrong decision, but there's no right decision..."

Iskall nodded. "Sometimes there is no right answer- just a better of two evils. And that's something you have to decide for yourself."

Etho lifted his head slightly. "Since when were you a fortune cookie?"

Iskall laughed, making Etho smile. "Mr. Happy Sauce gives good advice! Good luck man, take your time to decide."

"I think I have..."

Dear Beef,

I'm sorry you were never told the truth about what happened. Truth is, Bdubs traded me to La Revolution as a peace offering, and I've been on their island ever since. I'm sorry about all the time we didn't have together, but I've decided I'm not coming home. I hope to see you somewhere, sometime, someday. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself, because I believe in you.

Love, Etho

Dear Ren,

I'm sorry I left without a word, but I'm bad at goodbyes. Thank you for your love while I lived with you two, I learned a lot. Please, take it easy on Beef and Doc; they react to stress very differently, and I care about their safety. Remember who you are and what you stand for.

Lots of love,
Etho

Oof this was almost a happy story and then I had to go and ruin it, huh?

Love you, my little stars!
-RaeTheStar