Bdubs Gotta Bow

Long story short, this takes place Season 5, I wrote it before we knew Bdubs was in Season 6 lol

"Etho, Etho look! It's that stupid Iskall's sniper shop!" Bdubs laughed, pointing out the shack built into the side of the wall.

"I wouldn't mess with him Bdubs, he knows what he's doing," Etho warned with a smirk. He knew Bdubs wouldn't listen. "He'll kill you."

"I'd like to SEE HIM TRY!" Bdubs shouted, echoing through the huge cave. "Woah, COOL!" He bounced on his toes, grinning ear to ear. "ECHO!"

"Hello!" Etho called, chuckling as his echo was drowned out by Bdubs.

"ISKALL IS STUPID!"

"Who are you calling stupid, stupid?" Instead of an echo, Iskall's laugh bounced around them. "Get offa my terf!" He glided around the huge tree, smirking as Bdubs gasped.

"Wh- Wha-?" Bdubs sputtered. "Your terf? Oh I see how it is! 'Nyeh, I'm Iskall, I've got the whole world in my hands!' I CALL PHOOEY ON YOU!"

Iskall floated lazily around their heads. "I wouldn't talk so big mister, you don't know what you're dealing with," he warned.

"Oh, you mean you and Ren? Yeah RIGHT! Ren's a little baby, and you're a STUPID FACE!" Bdubs pulled out his bow, practically frothing at the mouth.

"Ha! I'd like to see you try and hit me! Your aim is worse than a skeleton!"

"OH IT'S ON!"

"Bdubs wait! You can't fight him in here, it's too dark! We're in a public place! Remember your temper!" Etho grabbed Bdubs' arm. Iskall and Bdubs both had short fuses, so any confrontation between the pair didn't end well.

"Listen to Etho, man. If you can't fight me right now, you can run home like the baby you are," Iskall taunted as he flew circles around them.

Bdubs growled. "Etho, let go."

"No, we need to go home! You can fight him later!" Etho tugged on Bdubs' arm, but he shrugged Etho off easily.

"GET DOWN HERE AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN!"

Iskall fired an arrow as he soared by, its head sinking into the dirt at their feet. Etho yelped and ducked behind Bdubs, which made Iskall cackle. "Defend your Princess Etho!"

Bdubs stood taller, grabbing Etho's hand and stepping in front of him slightly. "This fight is between YOU and ME! LEAVE ETHO OUT OF IT!"

"Bdubs let go," Etho whispered, trying to pull his hand away, but Bdubs held tight. He could feel the tension rising, and panicked as he tried to escape.

"Maybe I don't even want to fight you! I was just doing some shopping and you assaulted me!" Iskall frowned.

"You get down here and fight me like a man, you coward!" Bdubs took a step closer to the edge of the walkway, dragging a pale Etho behind him.

"Your little bow doesn't scare me! I dare you to try and shoot me out of the sky!" Iskall boasted loudly as he looped around the tree again.

"Maybe I will!" Bdubs turned to Etho. "Hand me an arrow."

"No! We need to leave!"

"Is Etho your arrow boy?" Iskall teased.

"Yeah! I have the bow and he has the arrows, in case you kidnap one of us! So you don't get all our stuff!" Bdubs defended. "Give me an arrow!"

"No!" Etho tried to drag Bdubs away, but Bdubs pulled back, holding Etho in place.

"I'll cut you a deal." Iskall slowed his flight, gliding around Bdubs' head. "I'll leave the nHo alone for two weeks... If you give me Etho as a hostage."

Etho jumped. "Bdubs, we have to run. We can't win this fight!"

"...we may lose the fight, but we can still win the battle..." Bdubs muttered. "How can you guarantee he'll be safe?"

"We're not barbarians like you nHo. I'll give him a nice room on our mushroom island, and ensure he's comfortable. We may be enemies, but I don't want him to suffer," Iskall admitted.

Bdubs glanced as Etho, who froze like a deer in the headlights. "Can I trust you not to divulge secrets?"

"I- Uh, well... I mean, is this really necessary?" Etho quivered, gripping Bdubs' hand tightly.

"I trust you Etho. Be safe." Bdubs gently herded Etho over to Iskall.

Iskall set a hand on his shoulder with a kind smile. He turned back to Bdubs, his professional facade returning. "Thank you for your business. La Revolution will not forget this."

Iskall led Etho to the Nether portal, and they quickly disappeared into the purple particles. Etho whimpered. Tears grew in his eyes, but he refused to let them fall. He had to make Bdubs proud.

"You're really brave you know," Iskall spoke up.

Etho said nothing, afraid he might cry if he opened his mouth.

"Bdubs was willing to trade you away instead of fight me. You're the brave one here."

Etho sobbed once, then wiped his tears away vigorously. "Thanks Iskall." His voice cracked.

"Of course. You'll be living on Ren's side of the island, because he has a few unoccupied buildings. We can go to your base this evening and grab some of your shulker boxes, so you can make it like your own home, does that sound alright?"

Etho simply nodded. They hopped through the portal and were immediately greeted by a worried, and then startled, Ren.

"Etho? What's going on here? Why did your grocery trip take so long Iskall?"

"I ran into Bdubs, and we made an exchange. Etho is going to live in one of your empty buildings, okay?" Iskall used a gentle voice, rubbing Etho's shoulder.

Ren instantly softened, running up to Etho. "Are you okay? I'm sorry this had to happen, but I'll take great care of you here. Would you like to have a tour of the island? Or maybe you'd like a soothing bath first, I know that always helps me." Ren ran a hand through Etho's hair, straightening his headband.

"I- I'd like a shower..."

Ren smiled. "Perfect, let's go." Ren took Etho's hand, leading him away. "Would you mind if I styled your hair? I've been wanting to try these fades..."

Iskall sighed painfully as they walked away. He hoped this feud wouldn't go on much longer, or there would be no winner at the end of it.

Sorry if y'all don't like the non-season 6 stuff, but I just love the nHo arc a lot okay?

Love you, my little stars!
-RaeTheStar