Mumskall

With the end of season 6, I went on a draft-cleaning spree! I forgot that I almost finished this one, so enjoy an awkward first draft!

"Oh goodness, what have I done?" Iskall cackled.

"Look at you! You have my moustache!" Mumbo cried, reaching for his own face. "And I have your eye!" The pair had just stumbled out of Iskall's desaturator, and it was instantly clear that the two had been stitched together, looking like two puzzles that a child had accidentally mixed up and pieced together.

"This is incredible! I have two eyes again!" Iskall bounded into the grassy clearing across from the machine, marveling at the patch of dandelions blanketing the ground. Trotting after him, Mumbo peered over his shoulder. "Does having a robo-eye really affect your vision that much? Looks the same to me."

"If you turn it on you'll see." Iskall reached up and pressed a button on the side of Mumbo's new eye, and Mumbo stumbled back with a cry.

The patch of dandelions hadn't changed, but a new overlay appeared in his vision. Statistics about the flowers popped up in the corner, and a glance around the clearing made information about different blocks cycle through quickly. "Too much information!"

"Yeah, but you don't need a phone now, so that's useful. By the way, can I have your phone?"

Mumbo handed his phone to Iskall dazedly. Using the last of his common sense, he shut his eye off, breathing a sigh of relief when his vision returned to normal. It was disconcerting having one eye now- like walking around with one eye closed- but it was better than having it turned on. "So how are you going to fix this?"

Iskall blinked in surprise, looking up from the phone. "Well I guess I'll work on an unscrambler, but I dunno how long it'll take," Iskall mused. "Math is harder when I don't have a computer chip telling me the answer."

"But you built this thing in ten minutes! Just make something to undo it!" Mumbo cried.

Iskall shot him a glare. "You're a redstoner, you know it doesn't work like that. Besides, this machine is made for resaturating; I can't just reverse it because it was never meant to jumble us."

"Fine," Mumbo conceded. "But do it fast! I miss my mustache..."

The next day started off rough for Mumbo. He skipped the bathroom that morning, desperate to avoid looking at the messy scruff that had replaced his precious mustache. Having only one eye was also throwing him off more than he realized it would. He refused to turn it back on, so he stumbled into his bubble elevator, tripped on a pebble in the shopping district, and crashed into the Tag Tower trying to activate his elytra, just to name a few incidents. After that he finally decided to turn the eye back on, for the sake of having some depth perception again.

That afternoon, feeling a little more settled into things, Mumbo returned to his industrial farms, planning to improve some redstone to distract himself from everything. He pulled out the old blueprints for his witch farm, and quietly set to work optimizing the old design. This was truly his favorite part of redstone; coming up with detailed plans, calculating to make sure everything worked in tandem properly. As much as he hated his new mechanical eye, he couldn't deny it was really useful to use it as a calculator inside his head.

A few hours later he stood, stretching. He had managed to reduce the size of the redstone by three blocks, and had increased drop rates by three percent. He slowly gathered his redstone boxes, dumping them at the base of the machine reluctantly. He was exhausted physically, and the mechanical eye had been giving him a headache again. Mumbo glanced at his blueprints again, ensuring everything looked right one last time. When he looked up, however, the blueprint stuck in his vision, projecting onto the structure like a 3D model. Mumbo cried out, stumbling a step back before realizing what had happened.