Cub Has A Good Time

You know that feeling when you're weightless at the top of a roller coaster? When your stomach is in your throat and you can't help but laugh in euphoria? When you feel like you're going to die but you never do? Cub lived for it.

Most of the time Grian was the first hermit to come to mind when flight was brought up, as the resident stunt flier of the server. He could constantly be seen soaring around Hermitville and darting between buildings in the shopping district. Even on the days that Grian wasn't seen by other hermits, the announcements that he experienced kinetic energy alerted the server that he was well and kicking.

But no, Cub was just as avid a flier as Grian. Cub made a point of flying everywhere, even if it was just across ConCorp Headquarters. He loved flying, he just didn't die as often as Grian. With the Civil War earlier that year as well, Cub had discovered his new favorite way to travel was drones.

The ConCorp drones were not built to carry a humans weight unfortunately, and Scar got a little upset when Cub had broken one of their spy drones. During the war, Cub did his best to resist riding the important equipment, but his gears were turning. Finally, with the war over, Cub had time to design a drone for transportation.

He set the device on the ground, climbing on carefully. He double-checked his feet were set flat, and he held the remote tightly. His stomach fluttered and a grin spread across his face. He pressed the button and the blades on the four corners of the drone whirred to life, throwing everything into motion. He giggled as the drone rose straight up into the air above ConCorp, the wind whipping his coat around him wildly. With a whoop, Cub leaned forward, darting across the sky. This was the best way to fly.

Cub didn't want to stop. He just kept flying, his heart in his mouth as he was blown about by the wind. Soaring over woods and oceans that had never been seen by human eyes, he couldn't stop smiling. He didn't know how long he had been flying, all the blindingly beautiful scenery blending together.

Until, that is, he ran into the New New Hermit Village. Normally a ten minute journey if you fly from the Nether, it was almost pointless to try and travel by overworld. Thousands and thousands of chunks of uncharted land separated Hermitville from the main hermit lands, but Cub had managed to fly that distance easily on his drone. A resounding success in his book, regardless of the fact that it was insanely fun to ride.

Circling the area, Cub noted there was no life in sight, aside from an iron golem who was eyeing him strangely. Cub was disappointed he didn't see either of the new hermits in the village at the moment, but it was alright; as much as he wanted a tour he needed to get home and tweak the drone for optimized performance.

Unfortunately his composed flight was disturbed by his drone exploding under him, sending him flying. In an instant, he twisted in the air, spotting a geyser and twisting his body to fall directly into the water. Heart pounding in his ears, Cub crawled onto the safety of the wooden platform. He gasped for breath, a small smile playing at his lips. It was disappointing the drone had exploded, but the freefall to the ground was exhilarating.

A gravelly noise caught his attention, forcing him to sit up. The iron golem from earlier started at him, muttering in his strange, grating language. It handed Cub the remains of his drone, albeit the creature seemed upset by it. Confused, Cub accepted the device, looking it over curiously. There seemed to be an unnatural dent in the bottom of it, almost as if it was shot out of the sky.

"Why hello Cub! Come to visit our village have you?" Keralis appeared beside the iron golem, although Cub hadn't seen him approach. The guy was weird to say the least. "Please Gerald, give our guest some space!"

The golem protested, his grinding voice painful to Cub's ears. Keralis blinked, then did a double-take, turning back to Cub. "Wait, were you the one flying?"