Blast From The Past -6

"Alright, just tell me already. What on Earth are you doing, Grian?" Mumbo stifled a laugh.

"Don't worry MJ, I got this." Grian stuck is tongue out, aiming his trident carefully.

"Actually, it's Mumbo now." Mumbo grinned as Grian hopped up, beaming.

"Does this mean I can call you Mumby?"

Mumbo shook his head with a laugh. "Fine, fine. Now really, what are you doing?"

"Oh yeah!" Grian threw the trident one last time, and the pair fell into the floor, landing with a thud in a white room.

"Woah, what-?" Mumbo reached out, but couldn't find the wall. He spun around and found Grian and Iskall smirking down at him from their quartz chairs. (He proudly knew what it was called, because he used some in the comparators with Impulse)

"Mumbo. Oliver. Jumbo. Take a seat." Iskall hid a laugh as he placed a dinky wooden chair on the floor, which Mumbo sat in uncomfortably.

"Do you know why we've called you here today?" Grian asked.

"Uh, no?"

"We are the Architechs." Iskall pulled out a small banner with a little sun and cactus on it. "We proudly run Sahara, a capitalist business venture."

"We have been looking for a third member. Another redstoner." Grian stared pointedly at Mumbo, who jumped.

"Me? Oh, I'm no good at redstone! Why not ask Impulse, he's way better-"

Iskall pounded his fist. "No! He's a member of Team Zit, and we will have no double-crossers on this team. We need a clean slate."

"That's a tiny bit hurtful, but okay."

"So, Mumbo Oliver Jumbo, will you join the Architechs?" Grian failed to hide his excitement.

"I suppose I will!" Mumbo laughed.

"Yes!" Grian hopped up, doing a dance on his chair. "Okay, can you fix Sahara for us?"

"What?" Iskall and Mumbo cried at the same time.

"I can't fix that thing, I don't even know how it works!"

"It's broken? Grian, what's wrong with it?"

"I dunno, I tried to use it this morning, and it didn't bring my order!" Grian shrugged.

The trio flew to Sahara, spotting a hermit in the lobby. "Welcome to Sahara!" Grian yelled.

"Grian! Your fing is broken!" A short brunette called back as they landed next to her. She wore a sweet pink cardigan and shorts, and her hair was pulled into a cute bob.

"Yeah, we noticed." Iskall chuckled. "We're here to fix it!"

"Let's go boys!" They flew up to the warehouse, and Mumbo could only stare in awe.

"You want me to fix this?" Mumbo ran his hand across one of the units, only to have Iskall slap him.

"Don't touch that!"

"Well you two are the redstoners, figure it out! I'll go occupy Stress." Grian ran off.

"So..." Mumbo glanced at the walls of redstone surrounding them. "Where do we start?"

Nearly three hours later, and the problem was finally solved. Iskall and Mumbo flew back to the lobby, exhausted but grinning.

"We found the problem!" Iskall declared.

"Really? What is it?" Grian asked.

"It's... complicated." Mumbo chuckled. "But your order should be arriving any moment Stress!"

"Ah, there it is! Fanks boys!" She grabbed her order thankfully. "Nice ta finally meet ya, MJ!"

"It's Mumbo, nice to meet you too! Where do you live?"

"I live out by Iskall in the ice plains! You ought ta visit me sometime!"

"I will! How does tomorrow afternoon sound?"

"Sounds like a date! See ya then!"

"Bye," Mumbo grinned.

Iskall threw an arm around his shoulder. "So, somebody's got a date, huh?"

"Ah, I suppose so!" Mumbo grinned bashfully.

"Omg, do you have a crush on her?" He sang.

"No I don't!" Mumbo protested, throwing Iskall's arm off. "She's just nice, and I want to get to know her!"

"Sure," Iskall chuckled.

"So what's going on here?" Ren strolled into the lobby, grinning conspicuously.

"Not much, just Mumbo here getting a date!" Iskall laughed.

"That's not true!" Mumbo huffed.

"Aw, MJ, I thought I was gonna be your first date!" Ren pouted, holding Mumbo's hand.

"I, what? I mean we could go out today if you-" Mumbo stumbled over his words, his nose turning pink.

"Aw, you're so cute when you blush! Your little nose turns pink, I could just eat it up!" Ren leaned in, booping Mumbo's nose with his.

Mumbo couldn't form words anymore, simply flushing even more.

"Cmon MJ, I wanna show you my favorite spot in the whole server. Don't follow us, Iskall." Ren threw a look at Iskall, who was dying of laughter.

"Aww, but- but I-" He gasped for air.

"Nope, see ya!" Ren held Mumbo's hand gently, leading him down the road.

"Are you sure we can trust Ren with Mumbo for the day?" Grian asked, stifling a giggle.

"Eh, he'll be fine. Ren treats his dates well."

Love you, my little stars!
-RaeTheStar