Blast From The Past -3

"Hey Tfc, you called me?" Xisuma and Tfc stood in the shade of Sahara, Tfc holding his hands behind his back.

"Yeah, I found somethin I've never seen in all my years... I figured you might know somethin about it." Tfc displayed his hands which were filled with a strange rock.

The substance was crystalline, but seemed to dissolve at the slightest touch, constantly shifting hues. In the shade it looked purple, but when it caught the light, it seemed to glow red.

"Wow! That isn't redstone, certainly! That's called Metrolite... Where did you find this?" X broke a piece of the rock off, watching in awe as it dissolved.

Tfc shrugged. "Just found it mining. I thought it was redstone, but it sure acts different."

"Curious... Mind if I take this?" X gathered the rock and dust into a bag and ran off, waving goodbye as he ran.

"Cool your jets, Johnny! What's lit a fire under your seat?" MJ called, drawing X to a stop.

"Ah, Tfc showed me something that might interest you!" X opened the bag, making MJ gasp.

"Metrolite! Now that's something I recognize! But, why's that so thrilling? Isn't that just another thing in the world?"

"Well, it's naturally-occurring in your world, but not here. That ore was removed nearly five years ago, and yet here it is! I think it's related to your arrival, so I'm going to experiment and see if this can help get you home!" X was breathless, a huge grin on his face.

"That's fantastic dog! Thanks for going to all this effort for me, I..." MJ hesitated. The news should have thrilled him, but after his conversation with Zedaph yesterday, he wasn't so sure.

"Are you feeling alright? You did sleep last night, didn't you?" Xisuma held MJ at arms length, examining his features with concern.

"I appreciate your care, is all. I've never had any real pals, because I was all alone in my world. It's just nice to have someone care I suppose." MJ shrugged, trying to ignore how open about his feelings he had been with these strangers.

"I'm glad we can help you, for as long as you stick around. I've got to go, but if you need someone to talk to, Tfc is chock-full of wisdom. He lives on the other side of that hill there!" X said his farewells, and MJ turned in the direction X pointed.

After poking around the huge Sahara building, MJ found a tunnel leading into the ground. The air grew cool and damp, and MJ found himself in the heart of a complex maze of halls.

"Hello?" He whispered, afraid to break the silence.

"Whadda ya want?" A gruff voice echoed, seemingly coming from everywhere.

"Ah, I'm sorry if I'm intruding, I can leave! Xisuma recommended I visit Tfc, but I must have the wrong place. Sorry!" MJ hurried back towards the entrance, but got turned around in the identical tunnels. He poked his head down one hall, and screeched as he was flung into the air by some contraption.

"Oh, you're the new kid, right? What's your name?" A grey, bearded man meandered around the corner, smirking as he spotted MJ tangled up in a net. "I see you found the defenses."

"Apparently. Are you Tfc?"

"Yep." Tfc flipped a switch, dropping MJ to the floor in a heap.

"X sent me to talk to ya," MJ moaned as he rubbed his sore arm.

"Really, about what?" Tfc began walking down the hall, leaving MJ to scamper to catch up.

"I dunno, my feelings or something? He said you were the one who found the Metrolite." MJ shrugged.

"That doesn't seem to excite you very much?"

"Well it comes from my home, but I talked to Z yesterday, and suddenly I'm not sure I wanna go back home."

"Help me mine, it helps you think clearer." Tfc tossed a pickaxe to MJ and began mining.

Entranced by the glowing aura the item possessed, MJ mined slowly. He was startled by how easily the item broke the stone, and quickly sped up, seeing how fast he could mine.

Hours passed before Tfc slapped a hand on his shoulder, startling him out of his mining trance. "Better stop before your pick breaks." He pointed out.

"Oh, sorry. You can have it back. Thanks for letting me do this, you were right! I'm smooth as butter now, thanks dog."

"I hope you stick around, you're a slick dude." Tfc winked and waved as MJ made his way back to the surface.

X was right. That Tfc is real bright, and he even used some slang MJ was familiar with. After all that mining, his mind was relaxed, and he knew his decision.

He would stay with Hermitcraft.

A weird in-between chapter! (Get ready for the next >;3)

Love you, my little stars!
-RaeTheStar