Blast From The Past -7

Three months ago, MJ joined hermitcraft rather painfully. Three months later, I've become another person, and I've made a base, friends, and lots of redstone farms! Despite all that, I still learn something new about this strange world every day.
-Mumbo Jumbo <3

"End busting? What does that mean?"

"You know shulker boxes? You harvest them in the End, and every so often me and Grian go raiding to get more. I figured since you're part of the Architechs now, you'd like to come!" Iskall grinned. "You'll need armor, a shield, a bow, and above all, an ender chest."

"Uh, what's an ender chest?" Mumbo rubbed his head.

"Eh, don't worry about it, I'll bring one for us to share. Let's go, Grian's waiting!"

They stepped into the End, and Mumbo collapsed. The air was thin, and Mumbo gasped for air as Grian and Iskall laughed.

"Sorry, forgot to warn you about that. Be careful here, it's full of nasties."

Mumbo caught his breath, looking around to find countless black creatures milling about the island. They were tall and lanky, with their only defining feature being their glowing purple eyes. "What are they?" He whispered.

"Those are enderman, they're extremely dangerous. If you go within fifty blocks of them, they turn into a cloud of poison gas that kills you instantly," Iskall crouched behind a block, staring intensely into Mumbo's eyes.

Mumbo paled, crouching with Iskall out of sight of the creatures.

"We need their eyes. I'm going in, boys." Grian crept out into the open, sword in hand.

"Grian, no!" Mumbo hissed.

Iskall shook his head. "It's too late for him. Poor Grian."

From out of sight, Grian shrieked. His voice echoed across the empty void, then went silent. A shiver crawled down Mumbo's spine. Just like that, he was dead.

Iskall snickered, then exploded into laughter as Grian ran back into view. "We got you so good!"

"Wait, what?"

"The enderman are harmless as long as you don't look in their eyes!" Iskall choked out through his laughter.

"You guys are the worst!" Mumbo huffed.

"Alright, alright," Grian giggled. "We need to get started. Architechs, roll out!"

"Is he aloud to say that, legally?"

About an hour into their raiding, the first accident occurred. A screech bounced off the walls of the city as Iskall was slain by an enderman.

Iskall: Grian/Mumbo, grab my stuff!

Mumbo: I've got it!

"Put it in a chest before it despawns!" Grian called from the top of a tower.

Mumbo gathered as many items as he could, quickly searching for the nearest chest. He spotted an ender chest in Iskall's items, and threw it down in the corner. He stuffed as many items as he could inside, running back out to pick up the rest.

"Did you get it all?" Iskall called as he soared in.

"Got it! Here's some, the rest is in the chest inside." Mumbo threw some items as Iskall, flying off to kill more shulkers.

A few minutes later, Iskall called up to him. "Hey, where did you put my stuff?"

"I put it in the chest down there!" Mumbo yelled back.

A moment of silence. "There's only an ender chest!"

"Well yeah, I put it in there!" Mumbo glided down, landing next to Iskall.

"I can't get them if you put them in there!" Iskall laughed.

"What? Why not?" Mumbo opened the chest, displaying Iskall's belongings. "They're right here!"

Iskall wiped a tear from his eye, catching his breath. "Oh... No Mumbo, that's not how it works! Only you can access your ender chest!"

Mumbo grinned sheepishly. "Oh. Well here you go." He bashfully handed the rest of Iskall's items to him as Iskall laughed uncontrollably.

"What are you two doing down here?" Grian glided down, arms full of boxes.

"Mumbo's just being a dull fork." Iskall elbowed Mumbo with a smirk.

"Hey, I'm not a dull fork!" Mumbo folded his arms. "I'm not even that sharp..."

Grian giggled. "I guess that makes you a spoon then!"

Mumbo snorted, laughing loudly. "Oh my goodness, that's brilliant!"

Pretty soon, all three of them were on the floor crying. As soon as one of them stopped laughing, the other two's laughter would make them dissolve into a fit of giggles again. It was only an enderman that walked by that shut them up half an hour later.

"Ah, I guess we're not getting any more raiding done today..." Grian wiped a tear from his eyes.

"Yeah... How many did we get?"

Everyone emptied their pockets, and found they only had 63 shells.

"Huh. Not even 32 boxes. That's really bad." Iskall snickered.

"Bad? That's better than nothing! How many do you need, you pig?"

"Pig!? There's 32 for all three of us to share!"

Mumbo flopped over, grinning as Grian and Iskall bickered over him. Three months ago, the only thing he was worried about was his pigs. Hermitcraft was a lot busier than his old life, but that's how he grew to like it.

Some days he missed the simplicity. Some days he was overwhelmed by all the new blocks and mobs. But some days, he hung out with his friends, and everything was right with the world.

And that's the end! I loved this series, it was so cute and fluffy! But now, I've spent all my fluff juice, so get ready  >:3  (Also if you have any reqs hmu I'm all ears 👀)

Love you, my little stars!
-RaeTheStar