• Nine •

Yuto sat in class, drumming his fingers on the desk. The teacher was talking about something, when the word universe caught his attention. He snapped his head to hers, his fingers stopping the drumming. He glanced around the room, to see everyone with furrowed brows. His eyes caught sight of Wooseok, who was turned away, talking to a girl.

    He rolled his eyes, looking away. The whole game idea wasn't working out, and the two couldn't be within five feet of the other. Either Wooseok would purposefully shove Yuto, or he would say something under his breath that the taller was sure to hear. The boys gave up on them, the thought of the game forgotten in their minds.

    "Okay, so for the next few months, we'll be learning about the universe. Most teachers don't like to do this, but i like for my students to present a project over what we have learned." Yuto put his chin in his palm. This was one of his favorite things to learn about, and he just hoped he could partner up for the project. Jinho would be his first pick.

    "You will have to work with a partner for this." the class started to whisper, some people turning to their friends. "Now, i knew you would pick your friends as partners, so i went ahead and choose who you will work with." everyone groaned, sulking in their seats. Yuto closed his eyes, hoping he got someone good to work with.

    She went around, naming partners. Some people were happy with who they were working with, while others were already looking for excuses. "Adachi Yuto, you will be working with Mr. Jung." he furrowed his brows. He didn't who that was, until he heard Wooseok groan. He let out a long sigh, holding his head in his hands.

    "Okay, you may get with your partners and get to know each other." everyone stood up, changing seats. Yuto and Wooseok stayed put, leaning back in their chairs. They didn't even look at each other while everyone was talking and laughing. He took out his headphones, plugging them into his phone and hoping to drown out the noise.

      When class ended Yuto shot out of his seat, walking to the door. He needed to get Akari, and he couldn't be late today. He was almost out of the school, when he heard his name being called. He turned, seeing the teacher. "Mind if we talk?" he looked at his time, seeing he had a couple of minutes to spare. He nodded, following her into the room.
Wooseok was sat down in the other seat, eyes glancing up to him. When their eyes met, he looked away. "Yes?" he asked impatiently.

     "I'm here to tell you the reason i put you two together." they didn't even glance to the other. "I've noticed the two of you have some...tension around you. And i'm sure the whole class can agree that the moment you two walk in the door, it's like you could hear a pin drop." Yuto sighed, looking at his phone.

"Okay?" he asked, wanting to get this over with.

     "You two are the brightest in this class, and when i paired you, i expected you to get the best grade in here. With that being said, i would like for you to work together as best you can." Yuto nodded, standing up.

     "I'm sorry, but i really need to go." Wooseok rolled his eyes, saying something under his breath. The teacher sighed, nodding. She let him leave, talking to Wooseok. Yuto ran out of the class, walking as fast as he could to the school. His sister was waiting outside, legs dangling off the end of the bench. He sighed, walking to her.

     She looked up, smiling at him. "Hey, sorry i'm late. I needed to talk to the teacher." she stood up, walking next to him.

"It's okay. What was it about?" he sighed, looking down at her.

    "Just work." she nodded, skipping in front of him. He smiled, letting out a deep breath. He hoped him and Wooseok would be able to get along somehow, because he couldn't afford to fail the class.

                            ~~~~~~~~~

The project wasn't going as they all planned it would. They wouldn't sit next to each other in class when they were allowed to work on it. And when the bell rang, Yuto would run out, saying he needed to do something. The teacher would sigh, wondering how the two even got so bad that they wouldn't look at each other without rolling their eyes.

"What happened with the game you were supposed to play?" Jinho had asked him that afternoon. Yuto sighed, shaking his head.

"How are we supposed to play that if we can't even work on a project together?" the smaller agreed. "Besides, i'm done with the girls. I have shit going on, and that just isn't my main focus anymore. He could take the spot if he wants it so damn much." they were throwing the ball to each other, the soccer team having to practice at the same time as them.

The teacher had tried to get them together, asking them to work on somethings. The two would work together, but didn't say a word. She had given up on them. After almost two weeks of doing the same thing, Yuto gave up. He walked up to Wooseok, crossing his arms. "Are we going to do the project or not? Because i'm not going to fail cause you're too childish to get over this shit."

Wooseok glared up at him, scanning his face. He looked away, talking to the girl. He scoffed, shaking his head. "Screw you." he walked off, making his way to his house. His phone rang a couple of times, but he didn't answer. He was just trying to figure out how he would get this project done.