• Twenty Two •

The sound of Akari crying filled his ears, making him tense up. "Yuto, i need you to come get me." he furrowed his brows, his blood boiling in his veins. He knew she shouldn't have gone.

"What's wrong?" she started to cry more.

"I don't want to be here anymore." he quickly stood up, telling her he'd be there. He looked down at Wooseok, who was staring back up at him.

"I need to go get akari." his brows furrowed, the expression from earlier disappearing.

"Why? What's wrong?" he shrugged, walking to get his keys.

"I don't know. She called me crying and said i needed to go get her." Wooseok followed him, worry clear on his face.

"Did someone do something?" he shrugged again, walking to the door.

"I don't know. Why do you think i'm going for her?" you could hear the irritation in his voice. Wooseok walked to him, grabbing his wrist.

"Hey, don't get so irritated." Yuto rolled his eyes.

"I knew i shouldn't have let her go." Wooseok put his hands on his shoulders, making him glare up at him.

"Yuto, you didn't know." he scoffed.

"I did. But you told me to let her go. And now what if something did happen to her?" he was rambling, feeling his own eyes water. He hated when she would cry, because it felt like he failed at being an older brother. He didn't even realize tears were falling down his face, until Wooseok cupped his cheek, wiping them away with his thumb.

"Hey, calm down. Crying will only make her cry." Yuto bit down on his bottom lip, looking away. "I'm sorry. I didn't think this would happen." he sighed, pushing his hand away.

"Don't be sorry." Wooseok sighed, not letting him leave.

"I'm going with you." he rolled his eyes, looking at him.

"You don't have to. This isn't-" he shook his head, grabbing the keys from him instead.

"No, i'm going. Because if i don't you'll either end up crying, or you'll end up hurting some ten year old." Yuto sighed, following him out.

"You can't drive. You have a hangover." Wooseok rolled his eyes, opening the car.

"Does it look like it's affecting me right now?" Yuto sighed, sitting in the other seat. He started to drive, Yuto tugging at his earring while looking out the window. Wooseok was watching him, but he didn't care anymore. He was just hoping she wasn't physically hurt.

They drove around the place she said she'd be at, not finding her. Yuto was officially worried that she might have ran away. They passed the park that they had seen Wooseok all those months ago, seeing her small figure on the slide. Yuto told him to stop, quickly getting out. He ran over to her, tears pouring down her face.

She looked up at him, wrapping her arms around him. He hugged her back, holding her against his torso. She started to cry more, making his eyes water. He leaned down, placing a kiss to the top of her head. "Shh, it's okay. You're okay." she shook her head, hugging him tighter.

After her cries started to die down, Yuto pulled her away. He brushed the hair from her face, also wiping the tears away. "What happened?" she looked at him, hiccups leaving her mouth quietly.

"She-she was talking to me like normal," he sighed, crouched down to look at her better. "And then-she started to make fun of me." fresh tears fell down her cheeks, breaking his heart. "She kept-pushing me. And then when we fell as-asleep, she drew on my face." he furrowed his brows, noticing the faint lines around her face.

"She took photos and said she was going to-to show the whole school." he bit the inside of his cheek, giving her another hug. She buried her head into his neck, crying again. He wished he could just go over and smack some kids. He stood up with her, wrapping his arms around her so she wouldn't fall. He walked to his car, seeing Wooseok watching him.

He stood up from the car, walking to him. "What happened?" Yuto shook his head, feeling like he might tell Wooseok off if he opened his mouth. He walked over, opening the back door for him. Yuto got in, setting Akari next to him. Wooseok got into the drivers side, starting the car.

When they got home, Akari ran to the bathroom, saying she was going to shower. Yuto sat down on the couch, crossing his legs under him. Wooseok sat next to him, looking at him. Yuto sighed again, dropping his head into the pillow. "I'm a horrible brother." he felt shifting, and then someone pulled him to them.

Wooseok laid him on his chest, rubbing his back. "No you aren't. You never would have known." Yuto scoffed, shaking his head.

"I had the feeling. God, i knew i shouldn't have let her go. That party wasn't even worth it." he felt Wooseok tense, but quickly shook his head again.

"Don't blame yourself. Kids nowadays are devils." Yuto scoffed. It went quiet for a moment, before Yuto wrapped his arms around him.

"They made fun of her." he sighed, rubbing his back still. "They drew on her. Who the fuck even does that?" he felt anger rise in him again, trying to push Wooseok away. The taller only held him tighter, knowing any moment now, he'd switch moods. "And why the hell would they take photos of it? Wasn't her mom around?" he got out from the tallers grasp, feeling himself grow more angry the more he thought about it.

"I'm sure her mom didn't think she'd do that." Yuto glared at him.

"How could kids be so bitchy now?" he stood up, not knowing what to do with himself. Wooseok sighed, watching him closely. "I wish i could just..." he groaned, falling back on the couch. "And she's so hurt now." his eyes watered, making him blink them back.

"It wasn't your fault." Yuto looked at him, taking in his face. He looked like he also wanted to hurt whoever hurt Akari, making his heart jump. The memory of last night flooded his mind again, wanting to feel his lips against his again. He quickly pushed the thought away, knowing it would ever happen again. He didn't like him and Yuto would never like him.

"Yes it is." he looked away, messing with his hands. "I'm supposed to protect her. Not let her get hurt." he sighed, closing his eyes. Wooseok moved closer, putting his arms around him. Yuto let him hug him, burying his head into his shoulder.

"Yuto, don't do this to yourself. You're an amazing brother, and she's lucky to have you." he looked up at him, biting his bottom lip.

"You really think so?" he nodded, a small smile on his face.

"She'll be okay. She's only in elementary school." he sighed, laying his head down on him. Wooseok held him closer, letting him relax into him. They laid like that for a while, until she came back down.

"Wooseok." she said with a hint of happiness in her voice. He smiled, looking back at her.

"Hello princess." Yuto felt his heart swell when he heard the nickname. He looked up at him, a small smile on his face. She walked over to them, laying down between them. Wooseok used his other hand to hold her close, giving her head a small kiss. She fell asleep on them, hand gripping Yutos' while Wooseok played with her hair.

He looked up at him, the light from the tv making his features more sharp. Wooseok turned to him, smiling down at him. "Thank you." he furrowed his brows.

"For?" Yuto sighed, looking down at her. He brushed the hair from her face, knowing she had already attached herself to him.

"For being here." he smiled, shaking his head.

"Thanks for letting me stay."