• Twenty Four •

The memories played in Yuto's mind, a small smile on his face. He felt like he could talk to Wooseok more now. He wasn't scared that the other would use it against him. He sighed, looking back up at him. He was staring at him, the same smile on his face.

      Yuto felt his heart jump. He had tried so hard to forget the kiss, because the other clearly didn't remember. But he just couldn't. Whenever he'd close his eyes, he'd see him leaning in, and he swore he could still feel his lips against his. He blinked, looking away. Wooseok started the car, the two of them making their way to the school.

    They had to sit inside a small office, some kids running around and talking. He sighed, bouncing his leg. Wooseok noticed, putting his hand on his thigh. He tensed up, snapping his head up to him. Wooseok only smiled, leaning in closely. "Hey, relax." he nodded, chewing on his lip.

     The teacher walked in, smiling at him softly. Her eyes glanced to Wooseok, a small frown taking over her face. She led them to another room, motioning to some chairs. He quickly sat down, his knee bouncing again. "I thought i asked for your father to come." he sank into the chair, wishing he could just grab Wooseok and run.

    "He isn't back yet." his voice was filled with annoyance. She gave him a tight smile, glancing at Wooseok again.

    "Who's this?" He also glanced at him, not knowing what to say. If he said friend, she'd probably tell him to leave. He silently asked for him to say something, hoping it wasn't bad. He cleared his throat, leaning forward to shake her hand.

    "I'm Wooseok. I've helped take care of Akari also." she nodded.

    "It's nice to meet you." he sat back down, looking at Yuto. "as much as i hoped your father could be here, i wanted to know if you were aware of Akari's...social life." he nodded, knowing exactly what she was trying to say. "She's been better lately, she made a new friend." both boys raised their brows.

    "She has?" wooseok asked for him. The teacher nodded, another smile on her face.

    "Yes, it's a boy, and they've gotten along pretty well." something in Yuto turned, a feeling in his stomach. And he didn't like it.

    "It's a boy?" she nodded. Wooseok rolled his eyes, looking back at him. He gave him a look, making him glare back at him. They had a silent argument, which she thankfully ended.

    "Anyways, she's doing good in school, her grades are amazing." he smiled, knowing she was always smarter than she let on. "But there are some things that have happened." Yuto sat up straighter, waiting for the either good or bad news.

    "Like?" he asked.

    "Well, one of our students has been...sort of picking on her." he glanced at Wooseok. "She has threatened her, with some photos she has of her." he rolled his eyes, knowing it was the Jisoo girl she stayed with a few weeks ago. "We have tried to look into it, but she tells us nothing has happened. But when we ask Akari, she doesn't want to say anything." Yuto sighed, looking down. He knew how she got when she didn't want to cause trouble.

    "So...?" she sighed, crossing her arms.

    "Are you sure nothing is going on at home?" he furrowed his brows, looking back up at her.

    "What?" she pursed her lips, moving closer in her chair.

    "Well, we've noticed that when things are going on at home, kids tend to be more...closed off." he rolled his eyes.

    "She's always been like that around people she doesn't know. Just because she's like that doesn't mean we're treating her badly." she sighed again, shaking her head.

    "Mr. Adachi," he scoffed. "I don't mean to accuse you of anything, but we've never had a kid like her before." he narrowed his eyes.

    "A kid like her?" she shook her head again.

    "I didn't mean it-" he shook his head back.

    "You made it sound like that." she sighed, looking down.

    "How long has your father been gone for?" he raised his brow.

    "What does that have anything to do with this?" she looked back up at him.

    "How old are you?" he rolled his eyes.

    "I'm old enough to take care of her for as long as i need to." she crossed her arms again, leaning them on the table.

    "As much as i hate doing this, i need to know if your father is..." she didn't finish her sentence, but she didn't need to. He knew what she was implying. He rolled his eyes, leaning closer also.

    "My father is one of the best people i know. I'm sorry Akari isn't like the rest of your 'students' but shes amazing as she is, and if you can't see that then maybe she shouldn't be here." she opened her mouth to speak, but he cut her off again. "The point of school is to learn, not to make friends. If her grades are amazing, then that's all i really care about." he stood up, walking to the door.

                             ~~~~~~~~

    He was sitting on a bench, waiting for Wooseok to come out. He had his arms crossed, bouncing his leg up and down. He couldn't believe she thought they would hurt Akari. The door opened, someone taking a seat next to him. He didn't glance up, because he knew it was Wooseok.

    He put his arm around him, holding him close. Yuto didn't push him away, instead he leaned on him more. "Don't listen to her." he rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

    "I just can't believe she would think we'd hurt her." he shook his head also, pulling him closer. Yuto buried his head into his neck, breathing in his scent. He closed his eyes, almost melting into his hold.

    "She doesn't know what she's talking about." he sighed, not wanting to let him go. Wooseok waited a moment, before looking down at him. "You ready to go?" he shook his head, tightening his grip.

    "Can we stay like this for a little longer?" he felt the taller nod, holding him tighter. He kissed the top of his head, making Yuto's heart flutter in his chest. He sighed, mind mumbled with thoughts.

     Eventually they had to leave, both deciding to just go home. Or Yuto's house, to be more specific. They collapsed on the couch, the tv playing softly. He was on one side of the couch, while Wooseok was on the other. A comfortable silence was around them, letting them both relax. He had his head against the back of the couch, eyes dropping closed.

     He's hardly slept for the past few days, staying up to keep an eye on Akari. It was only one, and she would have to stay after school for some tutoring. "You tired?" He nodded, not looking at him. The other chuckled softly, moving around. Yuto glanced at him, to see him making room for him.

     He rolled his eyes, not stopping himself from crawling over to him. Wooseok laid him between his legs, wrapping his arms around him. Yuto sighed, relaxing against him. Wooseok placed a blanket over them, letting him lay his head on his chest. He closed his eyes again, feeling a warmth from the other that he's never gotten from his own bed.

    He was almost asleep, when a sudden thought made its way into his head. The way he felt around Wooseok was starting to scare him. He'd feel himself wanting to be around him more. He savored the moments of them together. He was beginning to like the boy, and that scared him. Because he wasn't supposed to. He wasn't supposed to want to be in his arms all the time. And if he liked him, then the game between them would be lost, and he'd walk away like nothing had happened.