• Twenty Three •

Wooseok had his arm around the back of yuto's chair, the Japanese boy telling him something about his phone. He nodded, smiling at him. Ever since the day after the party, they've been getting closer. The others noticed, but didn't say anything. Some girls still tried to flirt with him, but he would deny them. After schools, he'd go over and talk to Akari.

She's gotten somewhat better. The teacher wanted to meet with her father that week, but he'd be gone. Wooseok wondered where he went, but didn't want to ask him. He felt like it might make the other push him away again. They had a free day, so they were talking about anything.

The speaker went off, catching everyone's attention. They all turned to it, wondering what the announcement was about. "Good evening students," everyone looked at each other. Yuto furrowed his brows, looking up at Wooseok who was also confused.

"Today's announcements are going to be a little different. As usual, the student council will have a meeting this afternoon, so don't miss that." the two of them went back to talking, knowing it wouldn't be important. "And Our soccer team and our baseball team will be going to the annual field trip this year." they all furrowed their brows.

Wooseok turned to Hyojong, who was also looking at him with furrowed brows. He glanced to Hongseok, who looked like he didn't have single clue. "Our football team decided to take a break this year, along with the cheerleaders. So the two teams will be going to make up for it." he leaned back, nodding at Hyunggu.

"When?" he shrugged, looking genuinely lost also.

"The trip will be next month, and you'll be gone for two weeks. Your coaches will explain it more, but be ready for that." he continued, losing their interest again. He looked back at Yuto, who was talking to Hwitaek. Ever since he remember what happened, his heart would pick up speed around him. He didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

He leaned back in his seat, arms crossed over his chest. "What?" he sighed, looking up at him.

"I don't think my dad'll be back before then." he furrowed his brows.

"So?" Yuto looked at him again.

"If he's not there, then no one will be able to watch Akari." he nodded, putting his arm around his chair again.

"Well, we still have a month, so don't worry about it for right now." he nodded, grabbing his phone again. He watched some videos on instagram, laughing and showing Wooseok. He laughed also, the thought of the trip being forgotten in his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"As the announcements has said, here in a few week's, you'll be going on a trip with the baseball team." Wooseok was leaning against Hyunggu, the smaller boy laughing and trying to push him away. "You'll need to get a paper signed to be able to go, but other than that, it's basically a free trip." all the boys cheered, trying to get excuses not to go to school.

"You'll need to have all your work done before the trip, and you'll be gone for almost two weeks." Wooseok sat up, looking at Hyunggu. He leaned in, bumping his shoulder.

"You'll get to have Yuto for a whole two weeks." he rolled his eyes, shoving him away.

"Shut up. I don't even think he'll go." Hyunggu raised his brow like he was going to say something, but decided against it. Instead, he furrowed his brows, tilting his head slightly.

"Why not?" he shrugged, not feeling like telling his business. The coach went on about the trip, talking about how it was supposed to be a learning experience, and they should take the time to take in nature and all it has to offer. Wooseok zoned out, looking down at the text Yuto has just sent him.