• Thrity Four •

No matter what Yuto said, his father was forcing him to go on the trip. He had packed his bags and everything. He tried to use the excuse of taking care of Akari, but he shook his head saying he could handle it on his own. He sighed, grabbing his bags and walking to the door. Akari ran to him, wrapping her arms around him. He smiled, hugging her back.

    "Have fun." he nodded, giving the top of her head a kiss. He was going to say something back, when a knock sounded on the door. He furrowed his brows, turning to open it.

     Wooseok stood there, black jeans and red tee shirt on. His long hair was in his face, making Yuto's heart skip a beat. Akari laughed, running to him.

    He picked her up, letting her wrap her arms around him. "Hello Princess, how are you?" Yuto crossed his arms, a small smile on his face. Yuto's father walked out, smiling when he saw him.

    "Wooseok." the taller looked up, giving his father a smile.

    "Hello Mr. Adachi." Akari turned, smiling at Yuto.

    "What are you doing here?" Yuto raised his brow, also wanting to know. Wooseok smirked at him, putting Akari back down.

    "I was planning on driving Yuto to the trip." his father chuckled.

    "You're on the baseball team?" he shook his head.

    "No, i'm on the soccer. But we all are going together." he nodded, walking over to him.

    "Good, Yuto's been trying to get out of it." Wooseok smiled softly. "Take him before he unpacks everything." Yuto rolled his eyes, turning to Akari. He said bye one more time, before his father made him leave. He went to grab his bags, but Wooseok was already holding them. He was going to argue, but Wooseok smiled at his father.

    "Okay, we're leaving already." Yuto gasped, wondering how he got stuck with him. Wooseok walked to the car, putting the bags in his trunk. Yuto turned to his father, giving him a hug.

    "Be safe." he nodded, smiling softly.

    "Love you." he hugged him tighter. He turned to Akari, giving her a hug. Before he put her down, she whispered into his ear.

    "Ask Wooseok out. I think he likes you." Yuto laughed, shaking his head. If only she knew.

    "I don't think it works like that." she sighed, giving his cheek a kiss. He put her down, saying bye again. He walked to Wooseok's car, getting into the passenger's side. It was warm, soft music playing. He put his seatbelt on, before he turned to him.

                             ~~~~~~~~

     It was the middle of the winter, the sky looking like it might snow. Yuto was curled into his seat, trying to stay warm. Wooseok glanced at him, furrowing his brows. "You okay?" he nodded. Wooseok sighed, pulling the car over. Yuto looked at him, asking what he was doing.

    He ignored him, getting out of the car. Yuto rolled his eyes, wondering what he was planning to do. After a moment Wooseok got back in, turning to him. He handed him a sweatshirt, making Yuto laugh. "I could have gotten my own." Wooseok glared at him.

    "Well, mine was closer. Now shush and put it on." Yuto rolled his eyes again, grabbing it. Wooseok pulled back into the road, turning the heat up more. Yuto put it on, smiling at how big it fit him. He saw Wooseok glance at him, a small smile on his face. Yuto turned to him, the heat pointed more to Wooseok than him.

    He was busy messing with the radio, he didn't notice when Wooseok slipped his hand in his. He had found his favorite song, smiling and turning it up. Wooseok watched both him and the road, not knowing how he got so lucky. Yuto sat back, looking down at their hands. He leaned over, laying his head on Wooseok's shoulder.

    They drove like that for a while, Yuto humming along to the song. "Babe?" Wooseok's deep voice made him snap out of his daze.

    "Did you call me babe?" he nodded, not looking away from the road.

    "You hungry?" he nodded.

    "I always am." Wooseok laughed, pulling into a driveway. They ordered their food, waiting in the line. "Where are we even going?" Wooseok shrugged.

    "I don't know. The coach just sent me some directions, and i'm following them." Yuto scoffed. He looked at Wooseok, scanning his face.

    "How's it going with your family?" the taller sighed.

    "Same as before. My grandparents have left, so their back to their usual sad selves." Yuto sighed, sitting back in his seat.

    "That sucks." Wooseok shrugged.

    "Not really. It's better than having them pretend their happy." Yuto looked at him, feeling sorry for him again. Wooseok gave him a reassuring smile, turning to grab their food. He handed Yuto his, laughing when the boy ate it without a second thought.

    For most of the ride they laughed and talked, the snow starting to fall. Once the sun fell, Yuto was falling asleep on Wooseok's shoulder. He had his hand in the others, the warmth of his sweater making him sleepy. The radio was playing softly, and the light from the dashboard highlighted all his features. They hadn't kissed since that night, but Yuto would do anything to lean over and kiss him.

    He looked away, watching the road along with him. The steady breathing of the taller soon made him fall asleep.