Chapter 21

Kara's POV

To think he'd pull a stunt like that. Jeez.

Today is the day of Emily's softball game and Dylan is out to dinner with his mother and Sister. As I get up to get ready I hear my phone ring.

I pick it up as the screen displayed the call saying "Emma dawn Bæ" and I answer.

"hello?" I say

"Kara. Are you still coming to the game?"

"Yea I'm getting ready now." as I reach to get clothes and head to the bathroom.

"Ok good I was making sure. Are you bringing Dylan?"

"Nah he's out to dinner with family so I let him have his family time. He's been really busy lately with me and modeling."

"Oh. Ok."

"Is Aaron going to be there?"

"Yea I talked to him not long ago. And when you come you should bring me a blue Gatorade and some skittles for half-time. please Kara"

"Ok. Yea I'll bring that to you."

"K thank you"

"K bye"

I do t wait for a reply cause that's just how we do.

I grab my clothes and pad my feet across the floor to the bathroom.

I put on music and jump in the shower. I quickly wash my hair and everything else. Then quickly get out and wrap my hair in a towel then walk back to my room and get dressed.

I then quickly dry my hair and grab my phone to see I have a text from Dylan.

Dylan: hey babe I wanted to say I love you and have fun at the game.

Me: I love you too. I will. Have a great time with you're family as well.

I set my phone back on the counter and continue the music as I start to curl my hair.

I finally brush my teeth and put in a piece of gum and grab Emily's Gatorade and head out to the car.

I then start to drive while jamming out to some old rock mostly from guitar hero 3. But I like it.

I finally arrive at the game and make my way to the Doug out and sneak Emily's Gatorade and skittles just inside the door. And she mouths "thank you". I nod and make my way to find aaron.

"Hey Aaron."

"Hey Kara."

"Didn't think if see you here. I thought you'd be with Dylan."

"Nah he's out to dinner with some family."

"Oh. Ok."

"Yea."

"Did you know that Emily's butt looks really good in those softball pant?"

"Wow Aaron. Yea she gets that a lot."

"Woah now. Someone tells my girl that I'll beat the crap out of them."

"Yea you do that." I say sarcastically.

"HOMERUN!!!" the PA announcer shouts and I see Emily sprinting to the last plate.

We all whoop and yell and that's the first game.

--------

The second game Emily is up to bat. She gets into position and puts her bat up to her right shoulder.

The pitcher throws and she swings.

"SIRRIKE!" the referee announces.

Once again the crowd is silent and she she takes a big breath. The pitcher throws and she swings and you hear the crack of the ball. She throws the bat and runs....fast.

She runs through second and third base almost flying it looks like.

She finally slides into home base.

"HOMERUN!!!" the PA anouncer yells.

Everyone is cheering for Emily. But things have taken a wrong turn...shes not getting up. She tries but falls back and rolls to her side grasping her shin.

I gasp and cover my mouth and I see aaron and his jaw almost hit the ground.

"Oh my god...emily!" I screamed.

Without hesitation I get up and run through the gate and sprint towards her. When I get there I am stopped by a paramedic.

"Miss. I will need you to tell me who you are." He tells me.

"I am Kara. Her best friend."

"Miss I can't let you in unless you are family or a guardian."

"Please she needs me."

"Miss I'm sorry but I can't let you. Please wait here or meet us at the hospital."

"Ok fine. I will"

I walk back and Aaron is sprinting to her and I stop him.

"Aaron you have to lie." I said.

"Lie? what for?" He said

"They wouldn't let me near her because I wasn't family. say you're her brother."

"Ok. Got it."

I then run back to call her nana to inform her while Aaron ran the rest of the way and was stalked by the paramedic.

Aaron's POV

"Sir I'm going to need to know who you are." The paramedic said

"My name is Aaron. I am her brother. I'm the only one who is here with her today." I say. I'm a great liar. But I only lie when it's necessary. And this was one of those times. My girlfriend was hurt and I'm gonna do whatever it takes to be there for her.

"Ok Sir sorry for that. Go ahead." He gives me a sincere smile

"Thank you." I nod as I walk past the man.

I then take a glance back and see Kara by the fence and she's on the phone pacing back and forth.

I walk into the ambulance with the gurnee inside and Emily lays on it with her uniform tore at the leg and. A couple cuts on her face.

She looks at me and shuts her eyes.

"Emily baby look at me" I say

She opens her eyes back up and she's not allowed to go to sleep. She's lost a lot of blood and doesn't need to sleep or she might not wake up.

I then watch as Kara waves goodbye and hips in her car and u get her text saying she'll meet us at the hospital.

I say ok and then the ambulance doors shut and were off to the hospital.

-----------

HEY GUYS!!!!

I have a new chapter for you finally. You guys have been waiting for one and I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I am pretty sure I can keep an idea rolling for a while now. And the girl who suggested this was my best friend Emily Sowards. Thank you for reading and commenting. Dylan comes back in in the next chapter so don't worry. I love you all and please go follow me on twitter and vine and insta! 😘 love you guys.

Twitter/insta: karajay65

Vine:Kara Mays- or user is same as twitter and insta