Chapter23

Kara's POV

I wake up with Emily on the bed and Aaron is on the floor. I try to get up but Emily's crutches were on top of my back. I pull them off and set them aside and realize Dylan isn't in the room. I go downstairs and he's nowhere to be found. I try calling him and automatically get his voicemail. I look at the window down at the bottom of the hill and his truck is gone and so is his moms. I look at the time and it's 12:56. We were all tired, but where in the Sam heck did Dylan go? I try calling him again. It rings and goes to voicemail. He keeps declining my calls. Should I worry? I trust him to not hurt me, but I'd like to know if anything is going on. I text him after my long train of thought.

To Dylan: hey babe? Where are you?

*read at 1:01pm*

I wait for a response. But nothing.

To Dylan: are you ok? I'm starting to worry.

*read at 1:26pm*

I am really worrying. My eyes start to fill with tears. I walk back into the room and see Aaron roll over and I turn my head and just walk towards my dresser.

"Morning Kara" he said with a rasp. I turn my head slightly and try to crack a smile.

"Morning." my voice couldn't be any more noticably shaking.

"What's wrong? Where's Dylan?" He asked.

"Come downstairs.... I don't want to wake Emily. She needs her rest." he nodded and got up out of the floor rubbing his sides and lower back.
I go downstairs with Aaron following. At this point I let a silent tear fall from my face and I turn around.

"Kara are you gonna tell me what's wrong now?" He asked concerned.

"I'm worried about dylan.... I woke up this morning, he was gone. I looked for him everywhere. His truck and his moms car are both gone. I called him twice and both times he declined my calls. I texted him twice and read them both at different times. It's like he's ignoring me." I finally cry.

"Shhh. It's ok Kara." He said hugging me and rubbing my back. "Maybe he had an emergancy meeting with an agent and is busy." His words hit me like a dumb ass. But Dylan could've at least woke me up and told me.

"I didn't think of that...but I can't help but worry."

"Don't worry. Try to call him again."
I grab my phone off the coffee table and dial Dylan's number and put it on speaker. It rings twice this time and then goes to voicemail. I sigh and hang up and set my phone back down on the coffee table.

Aaron then pulls his phone out of his pocket. He dials his number and puts it on speaker. I'm trying not to cry but tears keep slipping out silently.

"Hello?" Dylan's voice answered Aaron's phone.

"Hey man. How's it goin?" Aaron said calmly.

"Oh....fine. Where are you Aaron?"
I slapped a hand over my mouth to keep from sobbing sounds from coming out.
"Oh I left early this morning. I'm at Taco Bell right now eating. I got up and saw you were gone. Is everything alright?" Aaron lies.

"I don't feel like talking...about it." He swallowed hard and his breath was starting to shake.

"Dylan are you ok? You're really staring to worry me man."

"I'm sorry I just cant...don't tell Kara that anything is wrong please....im fine..." he started to cry and Dylan hung up ok Aaron.

"Hello?......hellooo??....Dylan!" No answer. I broke loose. He would answer his calls but not mine. He decides to ignore me. That kinda crushes me.